Success With Toothy Critters - 2017

Caught two toothys this week . The darker colored one is a male and the lighter colored one is female .
IMG_2329_zpsf6242e63.jpg

IMG_2323_zps267a0ed4.jpg

Fredrick wrote:
Caught two toothys this week . The darker colored one is a male and the lighter colored one is female .
IMG_2329_zpseaklwkgj.jpg

IMG_2323_zpsejyxyd07.jpg

Nice Fred!! Didjaeatum?

Not yet, once I catch one over my pb of 5lbs then I will consider it .

Another toothy yesterday
C42C1857-495D-48B6-BAF2-17C28C1ABA2F_zpsqkocegk5.jpg
144EDDE9-E248-4E54-97A7-82663E62CA84_zpseoiqn6ex.jpg
566E1954-41B3-41CC-BA6B-D33E1BB3C3D6_zpspi4q4fp5.jpg

Are you pulling those snakeheads out of the lower Delaware? I've been meaning to make a trip to the Potomac for them for years now.

Frederick, have you filleted one of those up yet? I hear they are some mighty fine eating.

They are up the Delaware past Trenton and bellow dover in DE now. Just find a spot that connects to the Delaware with some slower moving water and vegetation and there is a good chance that they are in there . Every spring they kind of migrate upstream looking for more territory and breeding grounds . Oddly though they haven't moved up the streams near me water must be to fast but I'm still clueless on why they haven't since I live close to ground zero .

No I haven't eaten one yet but they are tasty from what I hear .

Awesome. They are certainly not going away but I don't think they are proving to be all that devastating either. They have pulled some hefty snakeheads out of the Potomac all ready. Hopefully amateur "biologists" don't start spreading them around.

They are making their way up the Susky with reports of them being caught as far up as the Octoraro creek.

I didn't know anything about that.... Thanks Frederick.

They are being caught from immediately below Chester-Octoraro Res downstream into MD. A spawning pair has also been reported. Also got a report that they are up Crum Ck, DelCo (below the reservoirs), but without specifics as to how far below. They have been in the tidal stretch, however, for about three yrs. Tidal Neshaminy Ck has been the hot spot so far this year.

Back