Streamer Fly Box

Realistically, how many streamers do you want or need to take with you at any one time?

This is actually a really good point. I often just take a couple of the fly pucks stuffed with whatever I think I will fish on that particular day, and then afterwards put them back into a more permanent, large storage box. Even two fly pucks holds more streamers than I will use in a day.

For storage I also use Plano (or Flambeau) plastic boxes. No need to get sophisticated for me. The streamers I fish most don't really need to be secured to foam for storage. They hold up well enough when just tossed into a compartmented box. I could see how some guys would want the foam though depending on what they are tying and fishing.

Dear OSlumpBuster18,

Realistically, how many streamers do you want or need to take with you at any one time?

Plano 3400 or 3500 series lure boxes typically used by gear fishermen with holes drilled in the lids and bottom, or both lids for a two-sider for air flow have handled my streamer duties for a couple of decades. I fill them with Clousers and Wolly buggers mostly, but they work well for me.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)
Fair question, ideally I want all of them in one box. Do I need all of them on me when fishing, no. I basically use the same half dozen slumpbuster, buggers, sculpins I have always used.

For me I just like reducing clutter and having everything in one box. The box I have now is poor quality and doesn't hold flies very well. I need to find a good box and reduce the number of flies in it.

Back