stream question

F

flyfish10

whats up fellas,

im heading down to fishthe c&r section of roaring brook in nepa this saturday. just curious if anybody on here has ever fished it, figured id start exploring more streams this year than become a creature of habit, if you don't want to give out a lot of info an email would be great, thanks

budapest46@wmconnect.com

It might be a bit early for this stream, it is fairly high elevation stream. But if you should go take some # 14 little black stoneflies in a henryville special style tie, and that should help if you see rises. If you don't use the nymph.

thanks stonefly i'll give em a try. stonefly i was also wondering if the stream gets blown out due to rain and snow melt? i was thinking it wouldn't because of it's somewhat regulated flows? one more question is whether waders are necessary or just a pair of waterproof boots? thanks

You may be out of luck with the rain and snowmelt. I think it will be quite dirty. It generally is not as bad as other streams because it doesn't flow through any developed areas other than a short stretch in Moscow.

I fish this stream often but not this early in the year. In good water years, May is the prime time to fish it. If the creek is low it is usually too warm by mid May.

You will need more than rubber boots. Hippers are perfect for this stream but there are a few places where you can flood them.

I love the Brook but you must appreciate catching small fish to enjoy it. Quite a few small brookies and browns. Every so often you will find a nice brown.

Have fun if you go and let me know how it is fishing.

Back