So I was brainstorming last night... BAMBOO!

so everything is back to a halt :-( as i am all set up to start the beveling process, i have some how misplaced my calipers. so now i need to locate those, last i remember using them i was seeing the variance between an aqua stat probe and the well it was "supposed" to work with.... and that was a month and a half ago.

We really have to consider some sort of get together some day (winter rod maker/builder jam?). Is anyone planning on going to the Catskill bamboo makers gathering in September?

i would be all about a jam, heck even if anyone interested wanted to meet up and have a field trip to the fly fishing museum(isn't that in central pa some where). and as for the bamboo makers gathering i'd love to go but no clue if i can swing it. rith now my only planned gathering i'm going to is spey nation in july.

Forms are looking good. When I started my bamboo rod making quest back in 94, I didn’t have the patience to make my own forms, I was in a hurry. I did make the oven and binder and later made a beveller. I purchase my hex forms for $325 and later a set of Quad forms for $350. If you can't find them let me know I have a few calipers laying around that you can barrow until you find yours.

Joe E

thanks for the offer joe, either i'll find them or borrow some from someone around me, or just man up and buy them again in a quality pair and the dial indicator/base as well. mine were the cheap acid rod version only took three measurements to get the accurate one by the common reading lol.

and as for the home made forms it's not a matter of time more of budget, and i also love a mechanical challenge as well.

Back