Snakehead Flies / weedless flies

Curious Fred, do you prefer the kayak or the stand up paddle board? What is the determining factor for taking the paddle board? I’ve often thought of getting a paddle board for still water since sitting in a kayak doesn’t appeal to me.

Curious Fred, do you prefer the kayak or the stand up paddle board? What is the determining factor for taking the paddle board? I’ve often thought of getting a paddle board for still water since sitting in a kayak doesn’t appeal to me.
I prefer the kayak the paddleboard is more of a throw and go for me since its allot lighter than my yak . But I do put my smaller torqeedo motor on the back of the paddle board sometimes. My paddle board actually has the same seat as my kayak which is very comfortable with the added cushion I put on.

Check out these weedless flies from my Friend Carl Harris

Check out these weedless flies from my Friend Carl Harris

View attachment 1641234793
View attachment 1641234795
View attachment 1641234796
View attachment 1641234797
Are those bottom two flies actual plastic swim baits with at some craft fur tied around them?

Are those bottom two flies actual plastic swim baits with at some craft fur tied around them?
Sure looks like it, with a covered keel weight hook on the bottom one. I used those for smallmouth when spin or baitcast fishing. Minus the hair/fur.

Sure looks like it, with a covered keel weight hook on the bottom one. I used those for smallmouth when spin or baitcast fishing. Minus the hair/fur.
Yeah, I am not really sure that that counts as a "fly," but that doesn't really matter. Fish how you wanna fish.

Cohen 2527s 2BLarge 2BCgh 2BSwim 2BTail 2B4 2BInch 2B 1080x

They're felt-ish cut-outs, similar to the material on some dragon tails, that you fold into shape. Musky / pike folks also tie with them.

Its faux suede Carl Harris invented these swim tails click on the link he has videos of them in action.

Yep, learn something every day.

Back