Snakehead Flies / weedless flies

any tips in terms of time of day, or high / low tide for those fishing in those areas?
Depends were your fishing, but overall low tide can be the best since it makes them move out of their hiding places that you may not be able to cast into .

Depends were your fishing, but overall low tide can be the best since it makes them move out of their hiding places that you may not be able to cast into .
Would a frog pattern be better than a mouse, or does the pattern not make as much difference as the presentation / popping / etc.

Also would a 8wt be too lightweight for snakehead? I don't have much need for a 10wt at this time...

Also would a 8wt be too lightweight for snakehead? I don't have much need for a 10wt at this time...
It will work but you will have your hands full if you catch one it heavy cover

One from today

Attachments

• IMG_6218.jpeg
    IMG_6218.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6236.jpeg
    IMG_6236.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 66
For reference what size and mfg hook are the poppers tied on?

Those do look like nice hooks. Got me thinking about some musky flies to tie on them.

@Fredrick see you’re using a power clip in a picture of a white popper on the first page? I’ve used them for surf fishing with spinning gear. Do they work well for fly fishing?

@Fredrick see you’re using a power clip in a picture of a white popper on the first page? I’ve used them for surf fishing with spinning gear. Do they work well for fly fishing?
I use the 40lb one from harmony it’s lightweight and has worked great for me .

Attachments

• IMG_6367.png
    IMG_6367.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 17
Thanks guys if it isn’t to much to ask can you hit the like button it helps out allot with the algorithm.

Would love to but I don’t have a YouTube account/subscription/user name or whatever you need to hit the like button. don't plan on getting one anytime soon But at least you got the “view.”

Back