Smash Mouse Fishing!

Dave_W

Dave_W

Staff member
It's the time of year now that small, warm water creeks really come alive with bass and panfish. I enjoy hitting these creeks with mouse flies. Recently I was out and the bass, and even some big sunnies, were eager to eat my realistic, life sized mouse fly. Strikes were aggressive with many misses - call it "smash mouse fishing!"

If you've got a local warm water creek near you - and you probably do - the summer bass and panfish game is on. Get out for some fun summer fishin. No need to bring the 7X and CDC BWOs...but it would be fun to bring a kid or dog.

Bass and sunfish are on the prowl and eager to eat. Throw a mouse out there are see how far the lil fella can swim before he's smashed. :-o

Attachments

• Ms1.JPG
    Ms1.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Ms2.JPG
    Ms2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
Looks like a lot of fun, Dave. I don't have anything that realistic (nice ties) but I do have a few mousy like critters tied up that I've never even fished yet. May give them a shot on the local Warmwater creek.

Nice Dave I got a smallie the other night mousing

Nice I have a few mousy patterns. I may actually have to fish them.

Still haven't tried mine yet but now thinking of giving it a shot.

Nice looking fly Dave ,I'm sure that would work on NSH's

Moorish mouse works great on Bass early am and after the sun sets

LOL Sounds like everyone has that deer hair mouse or other variety but "Have yet to try them" I'm in that same category.

Back