Small stream conditions with the rain

C

chuckyblack09

I had planned on going fishing tomorrow at some small streams and then we got this rain, but then again I have seen a lot of people say small mountain streams empty quick because they don't get all the runoff from roads and stuff. So what do you think? I think I'm still going to go because they were very low to begin with and if anything they will be at pretty good flows because I've checked bigger streams in the surrounding area and they have been coming down pretty quickly since about midnight plus I have until tomorrow morning which is even more time.

Came here to check out the same thing... I'm in NEPA. Only one way to find out I guess...

Also:

http://waterwatch.usgs.gov/?m=real&r=pa

I'm in the oranges / yellows on that map.

I'm from SWPA so we got crushed with rain, but even so I think smaller streams will empty quite nicely before tomorrow morning.

chuckyblack09 wrote:
I had planned on going fishing tomorrow at some small streams and then we got this rain, but then again I have seen a lot of people say small mountain streams empty quick because they don't get all the runoff from roads and stuff. So what do you think?

Do it.
Small, mountain streams often fish very well after a rain.

Yep. I plan on going out tomorrow and fishing some small water. Just watch the USGS gauges around the area you plan on fishing.

Theres a sharp cut off on the map, lots of stuff in the blue/black and lots of stuff still in the orange not very far away. South central PA and east look like they got very little rain.

Plus youve got almost 24 hours for them to drop.

I am getting ready to go check out a local stream and see how bad it is. All I fish are small streams and they are better after rain,but it has been raining for 40 hours here!

I really don't want to drive 2-2.5 hours tomorrow am and not be able to fish.

Steveo27,

Have you checked any streams down there? I was thinking about shooting down that way tomorrow.

we got practically nothing in SEPA.

Once you check your local stream can you get back to us? What area is the stream from? SWPA? Don't need specifics just a general area so I can base my decision off your observation.

I am in Western PA chuckyblack09. 30 minutes NW of Pittsburgh. The little streams I checked were flowing alittle higher but not muddy. Definitely fishable. Looking forward to some action tomorrow.,

Yeah, I just saw a few little streams around my area and I have a feeling tomorrow is going to fish very good. :) Waters here are the perfect color right now.

Well, the small stream ended up fishing very well.

http://imgur.com/a/tO87d

Back