slate run tackle shop for sale

Just glad I'm above there and no development allowed...still get the fancy cars out of N.Y., but they like to buy...wait till intstate 99 is done then they will come..

I honestly dont think that our country was founded in order to have THE TOP 1% own the majority of land and resources. I also don't think our founding fathers would be to pleased if they knew that large multinational coorporations owned vast tracks of the western and southern states in the name of mining, agriculture and timber. I also don't think they would like the fact that foreign individuals own vast tracks of land on the coasts and then exclude others from using it. They would be downright fuming to find that these individuals and multinational coorps are abusing the system, buying off government officials, and decimating wildlife so that they can make more money and have a home in which they spend roughly 5% of the year. THIS ISN'T WHAT THE AMERICAN DREAM WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT.

WMass That is exactly why we left England, but where do we go now??

littlejuniata wrote:
That is exactly why we left England, but where do we go now??

Dear Little J,

Let's invade Canada! The weather can get nasty but the fishing is out of this world. :-D

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

LITTLEJAUNITA I honestly don't believe in communism or any such social view, but the idea that capitalism is the end-al-be-all of economic systems is just foolish. I feel that within the next hundred years the gap between the wealthy and the poor will become so absurd and the system so corrupt that this country will simply breed another revolution. When you have the wealth gaps that are currently taking place in society, you can't keep the poor people at bay for much longer. The GOP has done a great job of appealing to the common folk but frankly they can't keep them in the dark for much longer; eventually the poor of this country will realize they were sold down the river. Not saying the Dems are much better, but the GOP tends to favor big buisiness and that is who is controlling the stakes these days.

I've had nothing but great experiences with TCO Flyshops. As long as whoever buys is nice to deal with I'll deal with them. If not there's plenty of other places to buy what I need.

I am ready Tim. http://www.troutnovascotia.ca/about.htm

I can still remember my first trip up to slate run. that was almost 20 years ago. worked up at Lyman runs state park the last two years, so i did a lot of driving arround the back roads. seemed to end up in the slate run area much of the time. at the hotel manor or waterville hotel. just a great place to relax and explore.
can't afford a cabin in the pine creek valley, so will likely head up to potter county for a camp.

Fishidiot

http://www.tcoflyfishing.com/ They have 3 store and putting another one in State College. 2 traffic lights away from FlyFishers Pardise. Plus they bought into Spruce Creek Fly Company.

Wmass wrote:
I honestly dont think that our country was founded in order to have THE TOP 1% own the majority of land and resources. I also don't think our founding fathers would be to pleased if they knew that large multinational coorporations owned vast tracks of the western and southern states in the name of mining, agriculture and timber. I also don't think they would like the fact that foreign individuals own vast tracks of land on the coasts and then exclude others from using it. They would be downright fuming to find that these individuals and multinational coorps are abusing the system, buying off government officials, and decimating wildlife so that they can make more money and have a home in which they spend roughly 5% of the year. THIS ISN'T WHAT THE AMERICAN DREAM WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT.

TCO just might become the next Cabelas, or Orvis, or LL Bean :)

Sage,
Thanks - I recognize 'em now. I'll continue to shop at FFP.

Wmass wrote:
I honestly dont think that our country was founded in order to have THE TOP 1% own the majority of land and resources.

You need to check and see how much land those founders owned. Start with the signers of the Declaration of Independence.

Wmass wrote:
LITTLEJAUNITA I feel that within the next hundred years the gap between the wealthy and the poor will become so absurd and the system so corrupt that this country will simply breed another revolution.

In my opinion, it's already absurd.

Over the past 30 years or so, the gap between the workers and the top brass has ballooned about two orders of magnitude (X100). That is not based on dollars, it's based on percentage difference, and it is getting worse. I'm real glad I am not just starting out... Hopefully I can make it to retirement, but it isn't looking good. It might fall back to what i can get if I have to sell my property. My advice to those entering college, find a career that can't be easily outsourced.

My advice to those entering college is save and invest.

http://www.thebullandbear.com/articles/2000/0700-millionaire.html

TCO Has always steered me right. They know what they are talking about and they are honest. I will keep shopping with them.

Well the last I looked won't don't live in the Congo where the per capita income is $182 a year. We live in the USA where our fly rods cost more than most people make in many third world countries.

Being rich is all in your perspective. Many of those $1.00 flies you buy on the Internet come from those same countries.

I would be interested in the perspective from those people that are tying those flies. But, they probably don't own a computer to join us on the forum.

I am not trying to be smart or offend anyone. I just think wealth is okay. Our country rewards those who can find that type of success. I think many would want to be richer if we could find more money. Who would turn down a few million from the lottery if they won it.

I know this strays a little from the topic about the Fly Shop, but I think we sometimes miss how fortunate we really are. In not just wealth, but how much great water and fishing there really is in Pennsylvania. I live in Maryland and I can count all the good fly fishing streams on one hand!

I don't want to be a buzzkill on the topic, as a matter of fact keep it going...just my humble opinion. But go to college and study.

Dave

College is no tthe answer for everyone or for wealth . I never graduated college and make over a grand a day .. its how you apply yourself

I agree 100%. Wealth does not always make you happy either!

Bill Gates never graduated and I am not saying he is happy, but it seemed to work out for him financially.

Applying yourself makes a difference. I learned that lesson the second year of my freshman year at college. ;-)

Back