Slate Run Spey Casting Demonstration - March 23

F

FGSIII

I will be doing a Spey Casting demonstration for Wolfe's General Store/Slate Run Tackle Shop on Saturday March 23. One demonstration in the morning from 10:00-12:00 and another one in the afternoon from 1:00-3:00. There will also be a private class on Sunday for a fee.

Here is the link for more information http://www.slaterun.com/ You can also call the shop for more info as well.

I have been going to Slate Run with my father since I was 8 yrs old and I always look forward to going back. I haven't been able to make it the last two years so I am really excited. It's going to be a good spring!!

Tom is also trying to coordinate a stocking of those nice German Browns around the same time as the Spey casting demonstration.

Tightlines!!
Frank Swarner

Anyone that's interested in learning the dark arts of the two hander and will be in the area should check this out. I don't know Frank personally but I know he ties one hell of a Spey/Dee fly and I'm sure it'll be a great learning experience. At the very least you can always get one of those delicious sammiches from Wolfe's.

If I didn't have a hockey tourney I'd so be there!

have fun guys!

Thank you for the kind words.

FYI - I had nothing to do with the blurb, "one of the country's finest spey casters" on the slate run website. I haven't even been west of Pittsburgh!!

I guess the pressure is on me now. Especially since this will be my first spey casting demo.

Might have to close and come say Hi Frank..

That would be great and it would be nice to meet you!!

will be going to this and taking pics. anyone else going ??

It was nice meeting you this past saturday Sandfly. Sorry I couldn't hit the farside of the bank in front of hotel manor LOL!!

Hopefully things warm up in your area and the bugs start getting more active in the near future.

Back