Slate drake, brown drake

I think you’re much more likely to see Sulphurs and March Browns in that time period. Sulphurs mostly. Maybe the very beginning of Slate Drakes, but I bet the fish will be on Sulphurs.
Late may is drake time,maybe a few match browns then too.

Late may is drake time,maybe a few match browns then too.

I’ll be up the week after Memorial Day. I’ll report back with what works for the evening hatches. Not questioning you given your local knowledge, but from my experience, a Sulphur fishes best through Memorial Day or so across the northern tier watersheds. Then SD’s as you get into June.

My advice and $6 gets you a shortie from Wawa. Valuable stuff.

I used to stay at Pettecote Junction Campground so I used to fish it just below the mouth of Cedar Run maybe two or three times and a mile or so down the road once when I was staying at a different place.

It's big water which I really don't care for because I like to move around and explore new holes and IF there other folks fishing in a stretch (and there are over Memorial Day Weekend) you are kind of stuck fishing in the same spot unless you want to get in your car and move someplace else.

The fish I caught were all stockers with the exception of a smallmouth I caught one morning at the stretch further down the road. Ironically that was the last time I fished Pine for trout.

However, if you fished in Ansonia you should have driven 20 miles up the road to the Class A part of Pine which is worth fishing if only because it gets really small and you can walk across it anywhere you want.
I've fished the West Branch Of Pine. I approve of it.

I've fished the West Branch Of Pine. I approve of it.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the West Branch of Pine Creek is a completely different stream than what I am referring to in my previous post.

The Class A sections of Pine Creek proper are another 7 miles further upstream of the mouth of West Pine Creek.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the West Branch of Pine Creek is a completely different stream than what I am referring to in my previous post.

The Class A sections of Pine Creek proper are another 7 miles further upstream of the mouth of West Pine Creek.
I know it is a separate stream. I have only ever fished Pine near Ansonia, so all I am saying is that I have fished the West Branch of Pine, and I approve of it. I know there is a Class A section of Pine, but I have never fished it.

class A on pine starts after west pine tavern, there the forks of the genny and pine come together. have fished both where its not posted.

Back