Site issues today

Errors from the daemon being unable to connect to the SQL server is the root of the issue, and that's all the hosting end.

Assuming no scripting has changed, I'd be willing to bank its a utlization issue at the hosting provider's side, whether it be from over utilization or inefficent utilization as his SQL server topples from issues.

The cookies thing makes no real sense, although I'm not even mildly versed in the method of their implementation, I don'tknow how they'd force you into issues with the SQL server, that's pretty much the way the scripting is programmed on the site, not the way the PC does anything.

Looking at the provider, I'm willing to bet that dkile's not shelling out the cash for their base model dedicated server, meaning he's sharing the server with other clients. It only takes one guy to glut the box and make everyone suffer.

Or, again, hardware failure. He'd probably get a maintenance notice about that, and chances are he'd have said somethign to shut us up. :)

But, on the cookies front, what hte hell, I cleared 'em out, I'm not above trying anything. :)

Don't mess with my cookies!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• cookie-monster-needs-help.jpg
    cookie-monster-needs-help.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 3
Still getting very slow performance intermittently, but have not recieved the 408 message again since having cleared the cookie. Perhaps it's just coincidence that having cleared them improved performance slightly?

Sometimes fast and sometimes Sloooooooooow! I got a 408 message tonight also. It would'nt process my posting.

Still getting 408 message as of today.

Dave, got this error about 8 PM.

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Unable to connect to database

Got the same error message as Alba at 10:30AM today.

fadeaway263 wrote:
Got the same error message as Alba at 10:30AM today.
Same here. Now that I'm on, the site is slow to connect to the forums. I have had this problem for a few day when on the site.

Same here,got another 408 message at 1105 am. Could not connect to data base. Wiped out my post again.

It's obviously back up and running now.

No question that issues continue. Again: persistently intermittent.

Database error at 11:15pm tonight.

I have a hard time believing it's a volume issue.

I know nothing about the interwebs underbelly, but is it possible that errors are occuring when there are a greater amount of page requests being made in a short period of time? In other words, a temporary bandwidth allocation bottleneck that occurs only while a heavy volume of page requests are being made?

As someone suggested, we may be in the same interweb tube as one or more other sites hosting with Dave's provider and their traffic could be accounting for increased traffic as well.

Do any of you web-savy folks have the ability to query the url's and analyze any feedback that is available as to the flow of data through the tubes?

Heard on CNN this morning that the volume being generated by Netflix's streaming movies could crash the whole web.

They are getting a new server moved in about 10 days. Looking at a short term solution until then.

That explains alot, actually.

We routinely sold the hell out of our virtual servers til they started to topple, then ran around assembling a new one so we could take the load off.

Honestly, there's not much you can do if that's the case....wait it out, and demand credit to your account.

Then, pass the savings onto us!

LOL.

I made a post about how posts were disappearing... and then it disappeared.

The DB is dropping stuff.

This kind of thing always happens when I am drinking...

Back