Site issues today

Yep I just did a backup and it went to a crawl. well I won't do anymore admin stuff and see if it stay up.

Seems to be workin just fine now but yesterday it was bad all day and i thought it was just me and mine since no one else was mentioning it.

I think we got it licked. I understand it was a combination of some hardware and then bad fix with a restart. Still proving two wrongs don't make a right.

The hosting company I use now has always been very good with support and communication. Much better than GoDaddy ever was.

Good to know Dave. I had a 408 time-out late this afternoon, but it was uncharacteristic of how things have been going all day.

Rash of DB errors just now, 12pm.

Still getting intermittent 408-Connection Time Out messages and when I am able to navigate through the site it is very slow.

Same for me twice since this morning. Other times, as if there is no problem.

Update: just went into temporary internet files and blew away the PAFF cookie. I noticed significant improvement with speed since having done so. I'll post again if there are any issues to report.

Anybody want to explain how to do this?

Google "clear cookies + [whatever your browser is]".

For firefox, tools->clear private data->check the stuff you want to clear->hit clear.

The site has been fairly fast but with some intermittent slow loading. I cleared my PAFF cookies and things have been "zippity do da" (as Mo says) ever since. Give it a try.

More DB errors for me today.

The issues are definitely "persistently intermittent." :cool:

I suspect gremlins. Everyone knows that gremlins bait fish.

12:32 was the first time since around 10am that I could log into the site. Just an FYI.

I don't think it's a "cookie" issue as I cleaned mine out and then attempted to post a new thread on the OT and it chrashed when I clicked submit.

afishinado wrote:
The site has been fairly fast but with some intermittent slow loading. I cleared my PAFF cookies and things have been "zippity do da" (as Mo says) ever since. Give it a try.

I spoke too soon, the "zippity" as turned to "do da" for me too.

I am nearly 100% confident that this is not a cookie issue. It's server-side.

Back