Simms Wader Thoughts? (Freestone & Headwaters Pro)

Ive been through 3 pairs of Silversonics. All started to leak at the seams after a few months of heavy use. Took some fighting, but I was able to get them to warranty them out each time.

My G3s started to leak at the bootie seams after about 6 months of solid use. I still need to send them. I hope they actually stand behind their (overpriced) product.

I know the next pair of waders I buy arent going to be a 500$ pair. The cheapy 150$ Cabelas waders I had lasted about as long as the more expensive before they started leaking.

Steveo27 , I just looked at my receipt and I only had my g3 waders 4 months before they started to leak on the left calf. I recently sent them in and they said they would repair them under warranty. So far it has been about 2 weeks and still waiting for them to arrive, probably another week. My only hang up other than the price I paid and didn't last before leaking is that I had to pay to ship them to simms. It would have been nice for them to send a call tag from ups since they were under warranty. Good luck with your leaky waders.

Steveo, my G3's leaked in the same area after about 8-10 months. Long story short, my waders were too short in the leg causing issues in the seams only evident when I had them on.

I figured it out only because the loner G3's that Simms sent me were longer in the legs.

Weird.

I could totally see that though. Mine get damp around the booties if I turn em inside out and fill em with water but when I wear em while fishing, it feels like they leak a lot more.

When it comes to waders, I'm of the opinion that you get the best you can afford. They'll be more comfortable and more durable. I suggest the headwaters pro. They are built like g3s which are excellent waders (very comfortable and well thought out features).

I have 2 pairs of g4s and a pair of g3s in the rotation. No complaints. Where and how I'm fishing dictates when I use each pair. I don't expect most people to have that many pairs of waders but my point is it takes a lot to kill the waders. Pin hole leaks that I can't feel when I'm waDing don't bother me. Having a soaked leg or foot does. My oldest pair of simms are 6 years old and still work.

gibsygoldtop : Kudos on choosing to patronize a local shop (and on your choice of guitars).

I have both Headwaters and G3s. I prefer the G3s just because they fit better and have a better pocket configuration. I've no no issues with either and they both get used.
The Headwaters are my back-ups but just because I prefer the G3s. The Headwaters were 5 years old when I relegated them to back-up status.

I bought G3's a couple years ago. They are the most comfortable waders I have ever had. I used cheap waders for years. I wish I had bought the G3's sooner.

Used the waders this weekend and first impressions are very good!

Fly-Swatter: Thanks!

Back