Shout out to Harman's Luxury Log Cabins

Ztroutman,

Alot of the streams there get pretty warm so unless they get a ton of rain the fish will probably not be very active unless you find a cold brookie stream. The seneca rocks area is really neat, I definitely recommend spending a day up there exploring.

We will be going back for our third time next month, we have had a great time every visit and am looking forward to talking to Eric about the conditions and hatches. Yes they are stockers but you still have to know what you are doing to get into them and there are some biggins. We don't do a lot of hiking or touring but the wife is happy sitting on the swing reading a book while I 'm fishing. Looking forward to another great visit.
Eric can you suggest some flys to tie for mid April?

I have been there 6 times my wife likes to fly fish, but has a bad back and can not walk a great distance. This is a great place for her to fish. I usually start a crock pot in the morning and go out fishing for a while come back have lunch sit in the hot tub for a while go out for the evening hatch come back have dinner and a hot tub. great place great people.

I'll also be headed back in Mid April. Actually going there instead of fishing our home waters in PA on opening weekend to avoid the zoo. Attractor patterns work well on the big rainbows down there. I highly recommend a handful of Y2K patterns. They'll keep your rod bent all day long. Last year we had tremendous BWO hatches. I tend to nymph fish and at one point I caught fish on 4 consecutive casts during the hatch on a size 20 olive WD-40 emerger dead drifted in the middle of the water column. Felt like I actually knew what i was doing for about an hour, lol.. Not sure if they get grannom caddis down there? Anyone know?

Back