Sculpin Patterns

Thanks man appreciate it

tloomis, real nice. Is the fly just rabbit for the tail and deer hair collar and head? Can't tell from the pic if there is any body material. I have to try these.

GenCon

Ty...nice streamers.

I am curious as to where you call home and what streams you have been having success chuckin meat?

Great looking patterns. Fun thread. It would be great to see a few that are wet. Some of the best looking dry ones tend to lose a little something in the water.

barrybarry, the natural sculpin in the right of my picture is fresh out of the water. The tail would normally be more animated in the water. The pectoral fins can cause a distinct wiggle if the fly is retrieved.

Couple more nice looking ties T

These are my Squirrelpins - ties with squirrel tail and variegated chenille in an Eagle claw jig hook and 3D eyes superglued on a tungsten cone. Letort browns in Vince's Meadow get all apey with 'em:

51EA7F0D-3872-4976-81BA-3A37FEEDD2EB.jpg

Not easy to cast though. More of a flippin' stick maneuver.

GenCon wrote:
tloomis, real nice. Is the fly just rabbit for the tail and deer hair collar and head? Can't tell from the pic if there is any body material. I have to try these.

GenCon

Thanks GenCon! On the larger one, that's all rabbit with a deer hair collar and head. The others have UV polar chenille and schlappen wrapped simultaneously, then a palmered zonker collar. Ive noticed they keep their size when I use the zonker collar before the deer hair. Here is a recipe of mine that is kind of similar. I basically just mess around with zonkers, schlappen, and UV polar chenille.

Night_Stalker wrote:
Ty...nice streamers.

I am curious as to where you call home and what streams you have been having success chuckin meat?

Thanks NS! I go to school at Penn State so right now that is "home", but I am originally from SEPA. I fish all of these patterns in the Central PA streams. Spring, Little J, Penns, etc. This time of year, the smaller patterns seem to work much better. Especially on spring. It's amazing what a small streamer in the pocket water can do.

barrybarry wrote:
Great looking patterns. Fun thread. It would be great to see a few that are wet. Some of the best looking dry ones tend to lose a little something in the water.

Barry, I couldn't agree more! I tied a few with marabou and it seems to get caught up with the polar chenille and loses a ton of movement. I was a little disappointed

JG63 wrote:
These are my Squirrelpins - ties with squirrel tail and variegated chenille in an Eagle claw jig hook and 3D eyes superglued on a tungsten cone. Letort browns in Vince's Meadow get all apey with 'em

Not easy to cast though. More of a flippin' stick maneuver.

Awesome! Gotta love the micro meats. They look super heavy too. Good stuff man

Back