Scott's Run Lake

Wildbrowntrout

Wildbrowntrout

Has anybody fly fished scotts run lake for trout? One early morning heading out in a boat and saw a 2+ foot palomino on top near the dam but i only had my spinning rod with rubber worm for bass

I've fished it in the spring but not this time of the year. I've taken my grandson to the lake for pan fish in the summer. He likes it because I let him splash around in the shallow water in between catching a few fish. I think the state record smallmouth came out of Scotts Run.

can you float tube it ? - i'd like to fish there after labor day from my tube.

Geebee,

If there is enough wind, (mid-day) then you probably could. Most of the time its calm in the mornings and afternoons.

Check State Park Regs. I think there's something about a min 7ft size for water craft.

sdwaters wrote:
Check State Park Regs. I think there's something about a min 7ft size for water craft.

^True.

Here's the actual regulation:

On Fish & Boat Commission lakes, inflatable boats must be seven or more feet in length, be constructed of durable corded fabric reinforced with cloth and coated and have at least two separate buoyancy chambers, excluding inflatable flooring or bottom.

Back