Santa is coming!

Paul is your 8'4 3wt the helios? If so how do you like it Im having trouble deiciding if I want the 8'4 3wt or the 8'6 4wt. I already have the 9' 5wt and 7' 4wt. Just want something inbetween them. any thoughts?

Alpabuck wrote:
Paul is your 8'4 3wt the helios? If so how do you like it Im having trouble deiciding if I want the 8'4 3wt or the 8'6 4wt. I already have the 9' 5wt and 7' 4wt. Just want something inbetween them. any thoughts?

Alpa

My orvis is a Trident TLS, I've had it a long time. It's a 8-4 3wt med flex6.5, sorry I can't help you out w/t the helios, I have checked them out, feels to me like a great rod. If you could find one of those tridents, I would check it out!

PaulG

I have decided Im going with the Sage Axis 8'6 4wt Anglers Habitat will build one for $529 with great hardware, I'm going to match it up with a Loomis Eastfork 3/4 weight reel which has a nice weight to it...thanks for all your advice.

Jules

Awesome Atlantis. Great rod. Good luck with it.

BTW, I now build most of my rods. While picking the hardware and reel seat is nice, but mostly cosmetic, picking the grip is really important. I like thinner grips than most factory built rods have so keep that in mind, if you have a grip preference now is the time to tell the builder. Also, some like oversized tiptops and guides for shooting line. Some prefer single foot guides, etc. Just food for thought. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice Afish, I will let you know how it is when Santa gives it to me :-D

Back