Sage Closing out the ONE

Anyone buying it will have a fuller life, you will catch more fish AND the size of your 'man parts' will double in size. I bought two!!

krayfish2 wrote:
Anyone buying it will have a fuller life, you will catch more fish AND the size of your 'man parts' will double in size. I bought two!!

So what are you up to 4 inches now? Sorry too easy.

Yes, but some don't like it that wide. Sorry, also too easy. Lol

Sounds like similar code speak to when they advertised the Z replacing the XP. Looks like they are going to soften the tip.
Sage's original concept was to build powerful rods (RP). It seems they are staying true to this.

My 2cents:
I remember hearing complaints that when first introduced, the Fenwick HMG was to stiff/fast, the Sage RP was to stiff/fast and the XP was to stiff/fast.
Compared to the top 5wts by Orvis and Loomis the past few years, the XP would now be considered moderate fast.
I like fishing all type of rods. I grew up going from boo to glass to graphite. I think the ONE is more of a niche rod that really is hard to get a feel for when throwing dry flies. It took me a couple of days to really get it. Mounting a super light reel helped a lot and because of it's lightness, I also found that my casting stroke had sped up faster than my normal dry fly pace and had to correct my flawed stroke.
. I use this rod for large streams and rivers where I need to carry 40ft+ line to feeding fish in open water with areal mends and where there is usually wind involved.
Small and medium streams sees my 4wt TXL which would probably have been considered too fast/stiff 20 years ago. On occasion, I grab one of the old classics.
BTW, the 6wt ONE is a great streamer rod with a full intermediate line. Sensitive enough you can feel a fish looking at your fly.

So Sage X, eh?

In a coupla years they'll improve it and it call it the Sage X Plus...

...or XP.

Back