Rivers Conservation & Fly Fishing Youth Camp 2013

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to share this with everyone. I spoke with Clark Hall from the Rivers Conservation & Fly Fishing Youth Camp over the weekend.

The [d]canceling[/d] "postponement" of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year will most likely have an impact on the youth camp as well. About 1/3 of all applicants submit applications during the show and fund raising efforts will be impacted as well.

The camp provides kids between the ages of 14-17 an opportunity to learn about fly fishing, fly tying, conservation and much more. Really a wonderful program.

So if you know of any boys or girls who would be interested please have them go to the website and check it out.

June 16-21, 2013
Hosted by the Cumberland Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited
& held at the Allenberry Resort on the Yellow Breeches
in Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania

Many of the participates are sponsored by Pennsylvania TU Chapters, but considerations are made for kids looking for some help.

You may recall attendees at the Paflyfish Jamboree in 2012 helped raise money for the program. A donation of $300 is going to the youth camp in February along with some more awareness through blog posts and other support through the site.

The Rivers Conservation and Youth Camp is just a wonderful program and has set the standard for youth conservation and fly fishing camps/seminars.

By all means consider that boy or girl you've got in mind.

I attended 2 years ago and it was an awesome experience.
I talked to Clark and he said that I could come down and help teach tie flies, but to make the drive just to tie a few flies isn't worth it.

Bump.
There are still slots available.

If you know of a good kid, 14-17, who enjoys the outdoors, environmental science.....or especially trout fishing, please give this some thought. If you have any questions or would like to discuss, feel free to send me a PM.

I have printed the material and solicited to my high school kids who are outdoors minded.

Awesome program for fly fishing teens. Rivers Conservation and Fly Fishing Youth Camp in June 2013

Learn more - http://bit.ly/ZbBUSM

Back