Ridley Creek

O

od354

Has anyone fished Ridley in the last few weeks? I was wonder what the water temp has been and if its still fishing well?

I haven't fished Ridley lately, or anywhere else due to an injury, but I do live five min. from the FFO section. We have had average to above average flows for the last month. Additionally, the past few days have been quite cool, so the next couple of days should be good. If there was any way, I would have been out there today; overcast and in the sixties; bet someone had fun! Physical therapy was not my first choice for enjoyment; but I'm going to do what I have to so I can fish and oh yeah, work again. Personally, I would try above the falls a ways; if the temps are decent the trout are always easier there, though probably there won't be as many.

Got my wife to run us by the FFO strech this afternoon, and took a look off the bridge at Chapel Hill. The light was flat, but I could easily spot at least six trout. One rose clean off the surface, and a couple more were smutting on midges. Couldn't get a temperature; no gear, and I'm on crutches to boot. Saw one flyfisherman on the upper stretch.

Thanks for the info...I went and fished Ridley on Sunday. It fished pretty good, I got one brown and a nice bow of about 13 inches that hit my nymph hard as I have ever had a fish hit, plus I missed a couple more. Saw lots of bug activity on the surface but not many fish rising, estiamte the water temp to be in the 60's. Hope you leg heals quick so you can get back on the water...

Glad I got to see a stream, at least. My rehab is going to take awhile, but I still think about fishing all the time; keeps me going mentally. The physical therapist just gave me permission to dangle my leg in the water, so that's a start. If you don't own one, get a cheap thermometer; very usefull this time of year. I say cheap, because they always seem to get lost. (mine, anyway) Ridley has a couple good spring above the dam, and they should be flowing now; it just blasted rain here for awhile. If we get some clear weather I may hobble up ther one of thes evenings.

Back