Recent Rain

Swatara was low and clear! I caught 5 which is about my average there. One was a really nice fish however.
Tried Manada this evening since it's so close to the boy's place. Lowest I've ever seen it - only chubs and tiny bass to show for it. I thought Dauphin got more rain than it did last night.

Tried Manada this evening since it's so close to the boy's place. Lowest I've ever seen it - only chubs and tiny bass to show for it. I thought Dauphin got more rain than it did last night.
Dear 6xAdams,

If you are running from MD to fish Manada send me a message before you make the trip. I live 5 minutes away and can give you up to date reports on the stream flow.

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂

Dear 6xAdams,

If you are running from MD to fish Manada send me a message before you make the trip. I live 5 minutes away and can give you up to date reports on the stream flow.

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂
Thanks much, Tim. I have three adult kids living within 10-30 minutes of the creek. One of whom will check the creek on a relaxing car ride home from his job in Hershey at least once/week. The purpose of my trips from MD are usually more important than fishing. When we're there and want to drive more than ten minutes, we'll go to other places. If you happen by the bridge at Forge road and see MD tags, stop and say, "Hey."
Regards, Glenn

Don't want to get too excited about mid September through end of October fishing but it is shaping up to be good if the showers keep coming. This week's break in temps is fantastic. I've been at this house for 18 years and my lawn has never been smoked like it is this year. Lost 70% and don't know if I will do the necessary work to restore it this year. Thinking I'll just till it and replant it next year.

Everyone around me is seeing flooding at times but it's a desert where I live. I want to be careful what I wish for because mother nature has a way of leveling things and I don't need anything like sandfly got.

Susky is still up and dirty. Connie is pretty dirty so even the mid sized feeders are stained and high
Wait! Anyone with Doug Stanhope as his icon/avatar can't be too broken up about grass! Stay true.
Syl

Wow is it dry. Susky is crazy low, yard is a dust bowl and freestone creeks are barely a trickle. Come on mother nature, give us a little water.

Side note: Wawa is invading central PA 🤣

Dear Board,

I have this week off from work. When I scheduled it, I had high hopes. So far all I have done is clean the garage and drive around taking foliage pictures. I needed to do both of those things, so the week hasn't been a waste.

I have a float trip scheduled for Saturday 10/26 with my brother coming in from CO. We are going but we ain't going to float, just work a pool or two on the Susky. The river is 6 inches lower at Harrisburg than when we floated it Halloween 2023. It took hard work by the man on the sticks to find the right line from the west shore to the east shore to where the fish were back then. A freaking Cat D8 couldn't open that channel now.

We'll have fun though!

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂

Wow is it dry. Susky is crazy low, yard is a dust bowl and freestone creeks are barely a trickle. Come on mother nature, give us a little water.

Side note: Wawa is invading central PA 🤣
That’s not an invasion. It’s a rescue. I love Wawa!

Amazingly, we got .01" inches last night to add to the other .04" we received so far this month... 🙄

I drove along Section 3 of the Perkiomen Creek in Palm/East Greenville yesterday and it was REALLY low...

Thread title should be changed to No Recent Rain. It hasnt rained at my house (central Bucks Co), other than a very brief shower that didnt even wet the ground, since the tail end of the hurricane in July when north central PA flooded. Starting to believe we are the victims of weather modification like the poor folk in NC, only rather than being flooded we are being starved of moisture. Sure is strange

i got a notification last night before i went to sleep that we were going to get a chance of rain at 3am, i woke up around 4 and it didnt look any different then when i went to sleep. But we are really in need of some soaking rain, no down pours but a good solid 4-5 days of slow steady rain. Fished Muddy Creek and Mountain Creek last weekend and both were low but very fishable. Would like to get to the bigger name streams soon but if we keep going at this rate i might as well wet wade for smallies again.

Back