Rank these by importance

Suggestion for a trial shock and awe removal campaign of Browns to be replaced by reintroduced Brookies…V****y Creek.

Suggestion for a trial shock and awe removal campaign of Browns to be replaced by reintroduced Brookies…V****y Creek.
This is the wrong thread for gemmie nonsense. BTW, fully support and will carry buckets. Set it up. Valley and then onto spring. Barrier right there in town 👍

This is the wrong thread for gemmie nonsense. BTW, fully support and will carry buckets. Set it up. Valley and then onto spring. Barrier right there in town 👍
Just figured it was OT enough already to start to beat that drum here too.🥱

Just figured it was OT enough already to start to beat that drum here too.🥱
Oh crap, my bad. I didn't know 24 hours had passed and it was already time to hijack the thread.

To answer your original question about valley creek, 265/75/R17 should be fine.

1. Presentation (covers casting & mending)
2. Fly Selection

I came back to look for the cigar discussion, and now we're on gemmies, and, tires?

Man, I hijack a thread one time, look away for a bit, and now I'm way behind....

Cast, mending, fly, tippet. Presentation is everything.

Like this hasn't happened......

Fly fisherman browsing the internet and comes across an ad that reads "Limited time offer. Save 40% on Orvis Helios 3D fly rods. Click here for coupon code"

They click and it takes them to an Instagram page with makeup tutorials, stock trading tips and orthopedic shoes. And..... "Subscribed" 😂😂

Just in case you missed the coupon code and they put another one up 🤣

I think this might fit conversation on presentation?
I think a long leader helps catch more picky fish. Mine are often around 18 ft. I like a stiff butt end on the leader. I usually use Orvis leaders because they have worked well and I like the 3 packs. Line to leader connection that I like best is the coated nail knot. Tip top guide on my rod is very small and a loop to loop does not slide through easily, especially critical when a big fish decides to take off after you get it in close. Hand tied leaders are also nice except the green stuff in water tends to collect on knots.
My experiment this winter is with overlining my 5 wt (suggestion from krayfish on another thread) to create a long casting, delicate presentation rod specifically for dry fly fishing on big water with tough fish.
Any thoughts?

I think this might fit conversation on presentation?
I think a long leader helps catch more picky fish. Mine are often around 18 ft. I like a stiff butt end on the leader. I usually use Orvis leaders because they have worked well and I like the 3 packs. Line to leader connection that I like best is the coated nail knot. Tip top guide on my rod is very small and a loop to loop does not slide through easily, especially critical when a big fish decides to take off after you get it in close. Hand tied leaders are also nice except the green stuff in water tends to collect on knots.
My experiment this winter is with overlining my 5 wt (suggestion from krayfish on another thread) to create a long casting, delicate presentation rod specifically for dry fly fishing on big water with tough fish.
Any thoughts?
Agree on long leaders helping you with drift. I remember way back when I fished every week (all spring) with Art Lee. He built a leader for me and tied on a fly. It had to be 22-23'. I told him that I couldn't cast something like that and he replied with "is it easier to hold 20 ft of line in the air or 20 ft of leader?". Made me think. I'm usually 16-20' for big water dry fly fishing. Gotta cut it way back on windy days.

What rod line combo you going with?

Agree on long leaders helping you with drift. I remember way back when I fished every week (all spring) with Art Lee. He built a leader for me and tied on a fly. It had to be 22-23'. I told him that I couldn't cast something like that and he replied with "is it easier to hold 20 ft of line in the air or 20 ft of leader?". Made me think. I'm usually 16-20' for big water dry fly fishing. Gotta cut it way back on windy days.

What rod line combo you going with?
I have a Loomis NRX 9 ft 5 wt. Going to test the Airflo tactical DT in a 6 wt at your suggestion.
I mainly fish my 4 wt up there now but have to put a lot into it to reach some fish. I do manage but am up for experimentation. I float some but prefer wading.

Should work and be more stable with a bunch of line in the air. Mending long drift will be better than trying to mend running line. Report back on your thoughts/experience with the change.

Should work and be more stable with a bunch of line in the air. Mending long drift will be better than trying to mend running line. Report back on your thoughts/experience with the change.
Will do. Been waiting several weeks for line to arrive.

Back