Random Photo Dump of the 2013 QG Summit

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

SAM_0520_zps09ea8219.jpg

Fishing was rough as Sas, csoult and I arrived on Thursday. A sudden spike in temps kept the fish down virtually everywhere in the Potter and Tioga Counties. I never saw anything like it before. If you would have told me, I would have had to work hard to catch some fish in a brookie stream I might have laughed in your face. If you would have told me everyone in our group would struggle to get on fish in a place like God's Country, I might have called you a troll.
Today I would say your clairvoyant.

Either way, I got to see many places I know not just me, but the people in our group felt where much better than it showed us. We will be back for sure. It was also good to see so many bugs, even if the fish weren't on them.

It was cool to met those again I have met before, those I dont remember from the jam (wonder why ;-) ) and those for the first time. Special thanks to Brad for sure.

The food was great, the stories were great, the scenery breath-taking, the beer excellent and the fishing poor. Alas that's why its called fishing sometimes, but I feel the need to slap the $*&! out a trout anyways ;-) haha biker!

Well time for warm water fishing and back to those spring creeks that suddenly feel "easier" than the "easy" freestone streams ;-) Cant wait for carp, smallies and trout on cicadas.

Anyways, Ill be back next year, count on that!

SAM_0414_zpsfc283119.jpg

Great pics... looks like you guys had fun despite the fishing.

Posted a trip summary in my blog. Nice photo's Brian.

Thanks guys. I'm so glad you all came to this event. Having you guys up to camp is one my highlights of the year!

Had a great time! Thanks!

Love the photos and blog post. Sounds like the hatches, fish, beer and company all worked out!!

Thanks to the Sas for hosting this event! He's truly a scholar and a gentleman. I do believe a good time was had by all.

Quill Gordon Summit Guys,

Again had a blast with you guys. Looking forward to it next year. As we left early Sunday morning. Skybay and I decided to fish Spring Cr on the way home, but not after a little drama on the way down to Spring. We stopped at Sheetz for gas outside Lock Haven and dumb *** me locked my keys in my car. Car thief's we wouldn't make. After about an hour of trying. A young fellow came over and asked if he could help. He told me it's happened to him plenty of times. He had it unlocked like right now. I thanked him and we were on our way. Spring fished pretty good for me but not so well for Jared. We fished till almost dark, lots of BWO's and even seen about a doz Sulphur's. It was a good trip and fishing with Jared was hilarious as always. Wish you guys could have stopped. Again looking forward to net years Summit. And Andy Thank You again for letting us all stay at your camp.

Nice pictures, I like how you captured bugs on your reel with the creek in the background. Great photostory on the photobucket.

Back