Proposed DHALO regulations change

I think it's pretty arrogant for anyone to infer that DH regulations are put into place by the commission to extend fishing opportunities appease to a small minority of fly fisherman.

First and foremost I've fished DH streams in the past where there were spin fisherman (using lures).

Second, I think DH streams, (and while I'd prefer not to fish for stocked fish myself) sometimes offer people a place to go where there are actually fish to fish for, and when choices (whether be due to daily commute area, timing, limited opportunities, or just all you have) based on where you are to fish any given day.

On my daily commute home if I have choice between fishing a DH stream that's reachable for a few hours of fishing over fish, versus a great wild trout stream that day light might offer me 30 minutes worth of light, I'd take the DH stream.

I suppose there are some that what it really boils down to is just the fish, and not the experience as a whole.

WOW, up to 10 pages so I decided to check it out.

Of course I didn't read more than a half dozen responses, but I don't see a big deal.

Do people really have a problem with people using bait when harvest is allowed? Seriously? Sounds like snobbery to me.

I should go back and read more. I could use a good laugh.

DH are stocked waters, right?

Hell, he change kind of makes sense.

Oh yea. Don't have a problem with starting the harvest period earlier, either. Allows the family to fish and eat fish over memorial day weekend. Plus some streams have been pee warm by June 15 in recent years. Damn global warming.;-)

Carry on.;-)

Question for Mike R.

Can TAP members use canned corn for bait? Afterall, it is technically not live bait.

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh every time I think of TAP. I have nothing at all against bait fishing. Hell, my dad only fished with bait and nobody would get away with badmouthing him within arms reach of me. I still fish with bait on occasion. Right now there is a coffee can with worms in it on my UTV. No GG, it is Maxwell House.

But a group created by and specifically for bait anglers?

If I were a bait angler only, and all of the sudden the PF&BC decided to restrict tackle to ALO on my favorite stream, I'd start using AL. It's not a big deal, and can be cheaper in the long run.

I do however appreciate some of the good things that your group does. Just not buying the rest.

Besides, FFOs are a good thing. It draws most of the snobs into a small area. More water for the rest of us.

Executive Director to appear
live tonight on PCN call-in show

HARRISBURG, Pa. – Please tune into your local Pennsylvania Cable Network (PCN) station at 7 p.m. tonight (5-2-12) to see Executive Director John Arway and Fisheries Management Chief Dave Miko discuss current issues affecting the Commission, fishing and boating, and aquatic resources. We expect a lively discussion on a variety of issues, including the opening days of trout season, the upcoming summer boating season, Marcellus Shale drilling, aquatic invasive species, high-hazard dams, and the health of the Susquehanna River’s smallmouth bass population.

The hour-long interactive call-in program airs Monday – Thursday evenings and allows PCN viewers to speak directly with government officials, newsmakers and other parties on current Commonwealth issues. Viewers are encouraged to call the live show with questions for the show’s guests. The number to call in is 1-877-726-5001.

The show can also be viewed live from PCN’s website at: http://www.pcntv.com/pcnplus/.
Please pass along this message to interested friends and colleagues.

The mission of the Fish and Boat Commission is to protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities. For more information about fishing and boating in Pennsylvania, please visit our website at www.fishandboat.com.

Media Contact: Eric Levis, 717.705.7806 or elevis@pa.gov

Dave forced a zebco into my hands and made me fish worms when I visited him last year!! he also taught his dog to chase down my fly when I tried my flyrod and tangle me into the weeds!
I'm still recovering from it all. ;-)

For the record, that is mostly true cept it was 2010 and I don't remember forcing you. But in fairness to me, it was a brand new Zebco 202.;-)

I should have snapped a picture.

Back