Preferred FFing method

What FFing technique do you like to fish most?

• Dry Fly or Popper

Votes: 65 55.6%
  • Wet Fly

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Nymphing

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Streamers

Votes: 15 12.8%

• Total voters
This survey is species specific unless you consider poppers a dry fly

This survey is species specific unless you consider poppers a dry fly
Not really. I've caught bluegill, crappie, fallfish, smallmouth bass and carp on traditional dry flies.

Although for purpose of this survey, I'd consider poppers to be dries. Maybe better choices would have been "on top", "on bottom" (nymphs) or "in the column" (wets and streamers.)

Wet flies have me sort of intrigued now. Time to go down another rabbit hole I guess.

Dry fly fishing is far and above the most fun. However, I catch more way fish nymphing. Swinging wets is ok when I feel lazy and I can't move anything on top.

I hate chucking streamers but will do so when necessary. I also have the least patience streamer fishing. Maybe because I suck at it.

I prefer dry flies but spend most time Fishing nymphs. Don’t fish streamers much.

I really have acquired a love for fishing wet flies over the past 10 years. I truly enjoy wading down through the middle of a knee deep riffle and swinging a 3 fly wet fly rig hitting all the pockets, runs and seams on both sides of the creek. A very relaxing, effective and almost therapeutic way to fish as the years continue to slip away.
I am sort of in your camp. Usually swing two wets, but I weight the flies with about 8 wraps of wire to get them down in the cobble before they start their rise up the water column. Very effective way to fish. Used to fish exclusively dries years ago, but found the wet flies enable me to catch more fish and bigger fish than dry fly fishing.

Dry fly fishing is my favorite way to catch a fish.
Euro nymphing lands me the most fish, so I spend the most time doing it.
Streamer fishing I do with a purpose. Targeting bigger fish, in dirty water conditions.

I enjoy all 3 and strive to master and be effective with each method. I really dislike the people who have one preferred method and **** on the others.

For trout, STRICTLY throwing 3 wet flies 99% of the time. Then articulating streamers.
So, when you guided me last year and I was fishing dry flies did I offend you? I had a ball even though may catch to miss ration was about 1/16.

Back