Posts you look forward to.....

A

AndyP

While I appreciate everyone's contributions there are certain Members posts that I eagerly look forward to reading. Anytime see a long Post from Salmonoid about a recent excursion I can't wait to read it . Always top notch. Another one I look for is NightStalker, especially if there is an attachment ! The man catches some seriously big trout.
Anyone else out there have any favored contributors to PaFlyfish ?

Krayfish. I love his / her posts

This is easy.

People:
1. Squaretail - his photo essays are the best.
2. Dave W.- often great advice and well informed posts
3. afishando - see above
4. 3wt7x- best stream reports
5. "LJ"- spit out more drinks reading his posts than I can remember.

(2 of these guys have not posted forever)
Rest of you suck :lol:

Subjects:
1. Stocked vs Wild
2. Fish handling
3. Spot burning
4. Stream etiquette
5. Class A closed season
(Sarcasm)

We're indeed lucky to have so many of our community - such as those mentioned above - that provide so much excellent content. It makes this site work.

I'd add that I have come to really value the Events and Meet-Ups forum, It provides timely information about good stuff that I want to get on my calender.

Also, updates from Mike on stream surveys, population data etc.

Dave_W wrote:
We're indeed lucky to have so many of our community - such as those mentioned above - that provide so much excellent content. It makes this site work.

I'd add that I have come to really value the Events and Meet-Ups forum, It provides timely information about good stuff that I want to get on my calender.

Also, updates from Mike on stream surveys, population data etc.

^ Good post, Dave :)

Ima vote for Krayfish too. His honest reports of epic floats on the Delaware are always a good read although we haven't had a Kramer update for awhile. Hope he is OK.

Always enjoy stream reports or other posts from those of you who have figured out how to include photos with your posts. I've somehow managed to do that a few times in the past but it's too cumbersome for me to go through each time.

I like Eunan's posts of the salmon flies he ties. What artwork.
Some of the other tiers post some nice content too.

There are a lot of good posters on this site.

Is this enough paragraphs?

As an example:
Monster trucks

An oldie but a goodie. I encourage new posters to click squaretails profile and dig up some more of his photo essays. Some are better.
Dan is a great guy, a natural fisherman and just does it for the love of it. Pure .
Miss him around here.

Quick question..... How do you get photo/text/photo/text in a post like that?

McSneek, sleep well. Kramer is somehow still alive and kicking. He's been busy getting geared up for the Susky and bass season.

Just write some text in the reply box. Then insert your photo link with img tags.

DLToxagh.jpg

Type some more text after that.

Add another photo.

qDI9WF4h.jpg

Repeat.

UlHbkrHh.jpg

The first pic shows what it will look like in the reply box.

Ah, now I see. I look forward to putting up a poorly written stream report with photos this weekend.

Please include paragraphs and periods.
Exclude spin fishing photos :pint:

Okay, for a not so tech savy guy, explain how you generate the photo link if you could Rovert. Thank you for the explanation that you provided above!!! I have been trying to figure that one out for a couple years now.

Back on topic. Here are my favorite posters...

1)Squaretail (best photo essays I've seen)
2)Sal (not far behind, and I guy that I would like to fish with someday!!!)
3)Krayfish (about equal with Sal, straight forward/ no bs, I would also like to fish with him someday and I know he will read this and I acknowledge that I have received some invites that fell through on my end.)
4) Dave W (One of the most knowledgeable and gifted anglers and artists that I have ever met, and an all around nice guy, who I have had the pleasure of fishing with and learning from.)
5) Ryan Sheehan (Also writes great stream reports and fishes a lot of the waters that I enjoy.)
6)Afishindo (Seems like and all around great angler and very informative)
7) JackM (Never met the guy, but his wit and sarcasm rival my great uncle and few prosecutors that I know...I always like his stuff)

Sheehan and 3wt7x - they fish my "northern" waters. Simple as that.

I enjoy pcray1231's thorough posts the most.

This is easy....I miss Gfen. He said what a lot of people wanted to say

I enjoy reading posts covering aquatic biology, fluvial geomorphology and stream rehabilitation, so I look forward to reading Mike, PaGeologist and DaveW, just to name a few.

DriftingDunn wrote:
I enjoy pcray1231's thorough posts the most.

Me too. Among the most informative individuals you'll find anywhere on the internet. I've learned a lot from Pcray on many topics, not just FFing.

I also like Kbob's posts and links on streams. Troutbert's encyclopedic knowledge of PA streams is another that I look forward to. Ditto for Old Lefty.

Broadly speaking, posts from beginner's are something I also look forward to. The site owner, DKile, has long had the vision for PAFF as a place where beginner's can ask questions about FFing and I look forward to these threads.

First you need to copy the image link from your photo hosting website. I use imgur which actually has an option to copy the image link including the bulletin board img tags. Doing that, I can just copy and paste. If you just have an image link, you can either type the appropriate img tags before and after your image link. "
" after. Exclude the quotation marks. They are there to keep the software from trying to turn "before and" into a photo.

Otherwise, you can use the image insertion tool at the top? of the reply box. Click the circled icon:

UI8iY8jh.png

Then paste your image link from a photo hosting site:

ifukxNqh.png

Then follow the prompts. I leave the image location blank. The default image size is 300 and you can leave it at that:

XJf1GWah.png

After you hit that last 'ok', the image link with proper tags will be pasted into your reply. Just type whatever text you wish either before or after the image and repeat as desired.

I hope all of that makes sense.

Tups wrote:

I enjoy reading posts covering aquatic biology, fluvial geomorphology and stream rehabilitation...

FGM and stream rehabilitation are my favorite topics.

But these are very complicated topics, so difficult to discuss on a web forum.

Back