Posts you look forward to.....

TB: We agree on that. I have a tangential professional interest in these topics which has granted me a fair amount of training and exposure to stream morphology and rehab work. I believe it would benefit trout and rivers conservation if others were able to be exposed as well. The difficulty lies in making a technical field easily accessible to the enthusiast. Once you gain knowledge of these fields, you start to see rivers differently, more completely. But I still have a long way to go. Apologies to the OP for straying off topic.

I forgot to mention Kbob as one of my favorite contributors.

I miss Ed aka Heritage Angler. What a great guy.

I enjoyed reading gfen's posts.

They were usually right to the point.

Stagger? Did he ever post outside of OT? Lol

I get excited when dkile posts, because you know there is something brewing.

I like story posts, ones that talk about the whole experience- from preplanning, places to eat, people encounters, geography, parking etc...

And little Juniata for NO REBUTTAL.

WildTigerTrout wrote:
I miss Ed aka Heritage Angler. What a great guy.

Me too
Last I heard, I believe he had a medical issue. Hope all is well
Anyone know how he's doing?

I too miss Ed.Use to vacation with him.....salt of the earth.

3wt7X wrote:
his wit and sarcasm rival my great uncle

Your pap was a funny kind of *butt@$$*hole, like me, you mean?

What ever happened to Festus? I always enjoyed his posts

Anyone ever hear anything about Padriac, a former moderator who had a serious bicycle accident?

Hmmm, I enjoy reading posts from Mo, Tom, DaveW and Mike (We need that special reg section ) .Some posts I have been digging lately are from Nymphwristed and DC10 . Pcray TL;DR. I miss posts from Gfen squaretail and Wilderness Larry .

Even though it seems like I am busting his chops, I appreciate that the forum has someone like Mike contributing his knowledge! I still want a special regs section in Montgo and Phila, though!

AFISHN wrote:

Is this a polite way of saying I'm old as dirt? :lol:

The rumors of my recent demise are only half correct. I still have one good foot, but my other one is a bit of a pain. Literally.

Long story short, no fishing yet for me. Still trying to get healed up enough to fish.

Yeah, I know I could fish from the shore or boat, but I really need to get to the point where I can actually wade and go terrorize the trouts again. 'Cuz I'm stubborn like that. And I WILL BE BACK!

I'd like to apologize to my friends here for not dropping in more often, but please understand that reading PAFF without being able to fish is really painful for me.

I really miss all you characters, and I dream of the day when I can gear up and fish with you all again. Take care everyone!

H.A.

AFISHN wrote:

Heritage Angler wrote:
Is this a polite way of saying I'm old as dirt?

The rumors of my recent demise are only half correct. I still have one good foot, but my other one is a bit of a pain. Literally.

Long story short, no fishing yet for me. Still trying to get healed up enough to fish.

Yeah, I know I could fish from the shore or boat, but I really need to get to the point where I can actually wade and go terrorize the trouts again. 'Cuz I'm stubborn like that. And I WILL BE BACK!

I'd like to apologize to my friends here for not dropping in more often, but please understand that reading PAFF without being able to fish is really painful for me.

I really miss all you characters, and I dream of the day when I can gear up and fish with you all again. Take care everyone!

H.A.

Great to hear from you, Ed.

Godspeed.

Back