Post Pattern Fly Swap

WWKimba

WWKimba

With the football season kicking off I thought that this would be a good theme to run. With the good luck I had with my earlier swap I figured I'd try again. Feel free to check it out.

This swap is for FRESHWATER flies tied with a post (think parachute patterns, to start, that is!). Besides your post pattern, you'll need to toe tag your flies with at minimum your screen name and fly pattern name, a swap box, and your SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope - to get your flies back) and your sending envelope (to get your flies to ME!). This swap is open to the first 12 people to register with a minimum of 6 needed to hold the swap. The last date to register will be Friday, October 14th and the flies are due to me by no later than Monday, November 14th.

As with all my swaps it is open to tyers of ALL level of experience and I am happy to provide additional assistance to those who need it.
This can include helping find an appropriate pattern, giving you some hints/tips/tricks in tying your chosen pattern and educational feedback on your ties to help you improve your tying. All swappers will get a fly-tying gift (or 2) from me for participating in the swap. I've been tying for over fifty years and have lived by the motto - "He who dies with the most toys wins!" - so I'm happy to share :).

I'll share my mailing info with you via PM as you register.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help you out. If this is your first swap let me know as well. I've been hosting for over 11 years and I figure I can help you out. Lastly, as with all my swaps - HAVE FUN!

Kim

Feel free to check out my first swap - the Gilligan Swap - and you'll see pictures of what to expect from a swap I host. I hope that you'll consider and please feel free to PM me if you have any questions - I have a nice "Fly Swaps 101" that I can send you. Read this and you'll look like an old pro!

Kim

Well, I haven’t tied or fished many parachute patterns since the early years of my flyfishing career (which was over 40 years ago), but it does seem like a great opportunity to get back into tying this style of tie. So Kim, if you can get the commitment you need from other tyers I’m in with a parachute ant pattern.

(y) (y)

Remember, the main reason for the post is to aid the fisherman to see the fly on the water and all posts are not necessarily there to hold a parachute. ;)

Kim

Trying to generate some interest in Kim’s second swap here on PAFF. His first swap a few weeks back was run very efficiently with some really great ties involved in it.

If you’ve never tied many post patterns this is a great opportunity to broaden your tying skills. It immediately led me to thinking about parachute patterns (although Kim makes a great point that the post is mainly to aid in visibility) and I’ve been playing around with a parachute pattern over the past week or so. I’ve committed to tying a parachute ant pattern for the swap. I’m cranking some out so if the swap happens I’ll be ready to roll. If it doesn’t happen I’ll have a lot of great parachute ant patterns for the box next season.

My pattern is tied on a size 18 dry fly hook with black superfine dubbing, EP trigger point fibers in white for the post and Cree hackle tied in parachute style. If your just not sure about getting involved in a fly swap, all I can say is “nothing ventured … nothing gained”. Go for it! Here is a pic of my pattern if the swap gets off the ground.

BB26CF76 55E3 4C26 B754 FDFA06951DD2

Thanks for the support! I appreciate it. I am most happy to answer ANY questions you have on a swap. And all of my swaps are open to all tyers. In fact, I will provide extra help to anyone who needs it. My job as the host is to give you a great experience during the swap.

Kim

Count me in!
I’ll be tying a BWO parachute emerger.
Biot body on a klinkhammer hook.

Jim

I participated in the last swap and enjoyed it. I would love to sign up for this one but I will be away most of the month and away from my vice. My spare time will be devoted to the pressing issues of a happy marriage 💑. I will be glad to join the next one.

For those hesitant- don't be. Nothing to lose and plenty of experience to gain. Jump in

I'm game, fly TBD

We need at least 2 more to hold this swap and there is 8 more openings overall.

Kim

I will tie a parachute sulfur emerged.

I'll tie a parachute Adams (Charlie Craven pattern)

Count me in, I will do a hendrickson parachute emerger

Good news! We have the 5 swappers so far, that leaves 7 more openings for anyone else to join in the fun!!

Kim

FIVE days to go and we are stuck at % tyers!! We need AT LEAST 1 more to hold this swap!! Swapping is a great experience so please try one out - they are FUN!

Kim

I’ll add in a size 22 BWO for all involved … Sure hope to get 1 more in this.

Hi Kim,

Are we swappin’ or not? If so, how many do we need to send through to you? Thanks.

Back