Poe Paddy

J

JeffP

I spent the a couple days at Poe Paddy with my youngest son who just graduated high school. He's been struggling with a lot lately and it was nice to spend some time with him alone. It was nice to get away and to be there and not really worry about fishing. We also tried out out 2 1/2 year old golden doodle. I expected a struggle but she was great! We stayed at one of the "new" lean to sites which were awesome. I was also impressed with the upgrades at the lake. I've been to Penns a lot but not been up to the lake since the upgrades. Over all it was busy but in a "happening" sense rather than annoying. Everyone seemed to be having a great time.

I briefly fished above the dam and saw a bunch including a palomino that was about 17. I also fished briefly from the campground up Poe.It was really low and I only saw one. For the 2 days we were there, I only saw one novice at the Poe hole and 1 person coming off the fly stretch around noon. The guy on the fly stretch said he did really well using a pheasant tail. Water had to be pretty questionable. He was leaving at noon. It was nice to see signs warning anglers about water temps and the "flybrary" on the Catch and Release sign. I just love this place and gives you a real sense of renewal when you go there. I definitely have some regrets about not sharing more of an outdoor lifestyle with my kids. Hopefully there is still time!

Nice to hear.
Poe Paddy is indeed a great place.

Dave_W wrote:
Nice to hear.
Poe Paddy is indeed a great place.

Yeah, know the anti-government types will accuse me of fomenting a Maoist insurrection; I wish the whole watershed got some special protection. like a park. Just "YOU MAY NOT F#&% THIS PLACE UP"
Really, Penns is one of the "Last Great Places".

Back