Pocono Streams

S

SMAlbert

Any suggestions on streams to stop by this weekend (7/20-21) in the Pocono area? Anything fishing well? I'm nervous about the water temp.

Thanks

Those streams stay colder (other than limestone springs) than just about anywhere in the state. A little bit of a micro-climate up on that plateau. In the Summer, it's regularly 10 degrees cooler up there than it is in say, Allentown, which isn't that far away. I'm sure the small streams are fine. Not sure on some of the bigger ones, but take a thermometer and check them out. If the big ones are too warm, start going smaller. If you want to fish up there this weekend, you'll be able to somewhere.

Check out the Stream Reports section. A couple recent reports from that general area may give you some ideas.

Check The Evening Hatch's website for info or stop in.

Broadhead is 50cfs , I think I'd leave it alone

Yes. Leave the brodhead alone unless you are planning to keep the trout. Water is quite warm.

Heading to Tobyhanna, Gouldsboro area on 7/23/19. 5,6,7 days, all depends on when we decide to leave. We will see how this plays out!

Do want to explore 7 mile rd. for hunting, hope can find some blueberries. Know I can find some trout. You might brush by me at the big Shop Rite Supermarket up the rd. Even though they sell no fishing tackle, or tell huge fish tales. My favorite store of all time!

Boy, those Black Forest Hot Dogs, stuffed peppers. wrapped grape leaves, different olives, roasted garlic and ham spread and seafood salad with crackers. By a campfire roasting dogs with the others and a cold Rolling Rock. Heaven, pure Heaven!

Cool, Cool wind in your face, blinded by the campfire smoke, The sparks fluttering in the night sky, the smell of smoke on my clothes, a cold one at hand and a friend. Thank you Pa. for allowing me through your Pearly Gates to the Heaven as I see it!

Pa., your pal,

Maxima12

Back