Pm problems

wildtrout2 wrote:
I was kind of asking...

There's probably no way for you to realize this, but this would give a software engineer a coronary! :lol:

I don't know the answer. The man who does is currently bending over backwards spinning plates to keep the site running and you are wasting his time with indirect riddles instead of direct questions. It is incredibly inconsiderate and frustrating to someone that's currently attempting to solve your problem, at least in my experience.

Had you helped Dave out and actually asked your question instead of encrypting it in indirectness, your question would have been answered already.

There's the less playful version. I should have known better with you.

Didn't think i was gunna start a war over pms. I just wanted to bring it to the moderators attention, incase I wasnt the only one having problems. There job keeping this site up an running is hard enough.

There is something going on with the site because evertime I post the screen blinks like crazy and sometimes it says transmision failure or something along those lines and logs me out.

i asked the author of a stream report who claimed he had a very good day on the water if he was fishing upstream or downstream since it was a topic here and it got removed , i call that censorship u call it what u want Dave I guess we don't agree on that one !

The question may be: who cares what you think? Just sayin'.

coming from you jack that means alot

Dave,
Since this seems to the PM tracking thread now, I can report that (for today anyway), my PMs started working, which is about the first time in a month. Coincidentally (or not?), the individual that originally sent me a PM that started generating the 503 errors for me is also the one that sent me a PM today that I was able to successfully read. Perhaps you've fixed the ultimate problem, although this ability to read PMs happened briefly for me (maybe two messages) at the beginning of February, and then went back generating the 503 errors. I wasn't intending to complain in the forum thread; I thought maybe something had been done, and then undone and was trying to provide feedback that it wasn't working, then was working, and then wasn't working again, in case a change needed to be put back into place.

To the moderators- this thread was started to resolve the pm issues a few of us are having. Not a thread to start bashing the site about stupid shizzz. Forgive me for being the starter of this. Not what I intended.

It's late, and you have a restaurant to run. Only us vampires can stay up all night!
Dude, your PM's worked OK with me?

That is right they did work ok with you, a few months ago. But as of late they have been kinda spotty. Like I said before, I did t want this thread to start another 'spot burning thread'. I was just tryin to let the moderators know that there might be a problem to the website we all love. That's all.
Sorry in advance-Joel

Oh an dont worry bout the resturant.... I got it.

Phish_on, salmonoid, Jay and others,

Thanks for the details on all this. I have been trying to get this fixed for many weeks now and no luck. My programming skills match my fishing skills most of the time (I didn't catch any fish on Sunday). So basically the site is screwed and I don't even know how I got us this far.

Jokes a side, I do have a real programmer I bring in from time to time who understands the the real inner workings of this CMS platform. Very shortly I am going away for a while and don't want to start him on something I can't oversee.

So when I return I will be getting this and one other big bug worked figured out. The information you all share is helpful. I know you bring this up because you care and I do too. I am ask then that we regroup on the details people are seeing.

Thanks as always.

Dave

Phish_On wrote:
Didn't think i was gunna start a war over pms.
It's not a war, that was just some more of Jays typical condesending spout. If he had read and retained what he read, he would have known that I didn't mention any problems with PMs (short winded PMs work fine) , just that I think I'm sometimes taking too long (minutes) to post and it not going through because of this.

Also, my post wasn't aimed at Dave, who I wouldn't want to tear away from his work here, it was for anybody who might know about any kind of time limit put on the submission of a PM. That simple. Jays personal attack on me was "just the way he is". lol

Sorry to the OP - Phish_On.

troutslammer wrote:
i asked the author of a stream report who claimed he had a very good day on the water if he was fishing upstream or downstream since it was a topic here and it got removed , i call that censorship u call it what u want Dave I guess we don't agree on that one !

Censorship? Ironic. YOU are all about censoring posts....lol. You slamm anyone and everyone posting info about streams, and now even hatches on streams! You fear that "millions of guys" will descend on your stream and destroy it!...lol

You had your 20 page + sport burning thread to express yourself. Had enough? Most of us on here have had enough.

Relax....breath....it's fishin'. It's supposed to be fun.

alli said was a post got removed i made for NO reason , i said it was censorship , u need to relax or does this make the powers look bad , sorry mods my bad i'll try to agree with you all more

afishinado wrote:

Sorry to the OP - Phish_On.

troutslammer wrote:

Censorship? Ironic. YOU are all about censoring posts....lol. You slamm anyone and everyone posting info about streams, and now even hatches on streams! You fear that "millions of guys" will descend on your stream and destroy it!...lol

You had your 20 page + sport burning thread to express yourself. Had enough? Most of us on here have had enough.

Relax....breath....it's fishin'. It's supposed to be fun.

LIKE! :pint:

Sent a bunch of pm's over the last few days, including several since this thread started, and they all went through. I have never had an issue from any pc I use. Of course I'm always on my network when I do it, so maybe that's why. Can't use a computer from work, cause I don't have an office.

Back