Please Post Your Headlamp of Choice

mcwillja wrote:
I wear my petzel with my hat forward without issue. It has the retractable spring loaded string strap. I love it.

I have the same one and love it too. I think I paid $35 for it at the Feathered Hook. I thought Jonas ripped me off but it is one of the best accessories I have for fly fishing.

When fishing in the evening I put it above the bill and when it gets too dark I simply stretch it over the brim and onto my forehead. Then when fishing is done and I have to walk out in the dark I Put it back up above the bill and its perfect, not in my eyes but everywhere I look is illuminated.

Maurice wrote:
mcwillja wrote:
I wear my petzel with my hat forward without issue. It has the retractable spring loaded string strap. I love it.

I have the same one and love it too. I think I paid $35 for it at the Feathered Hook. I thought Jonas ripped me off but it is one of the best accessories I have for fly fishing.

When fishing in the evening I put it above the bill and when it gets too dark I simply stretch it over the brim and onto my forehead. Then when fishing is done and I have to walk out in the dark I Put it back up above the bill and its perfect, not in my eyes but everywhere I look is illuminated.

??? Guess you just want to look like Cochise and play cowboys and Indians.:roll:

They work well with a brimmed hat!?:lol:

Attachments

• Me fish at nite.jpg
    Me fish at nite.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Light.jpg
    Light.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2
The Princeton Tec quad tactical I posted about earlier comes with red, blue and green filter lenses that are interchangeable.

Pat, does your wide brim hat have a chin cord you could use to hang the hat off you back?

afishinado wrote:
Maurice wrote:
mcwillja wrote:

??? Guess you just want to look like Cochise and play cowboys and Indians.:roll:

They work well with a brimmed hat!?:lol:

Not the Petzel with retracting headband. It points down and the main stream lights the top of your hat visor fine...but the flybox is dimly lit.

I just happened to buy one a couple of weeks ago for opening of hunting season. I purchased it at Lowes. Its made by Energizer and has three different brightness settings plus a red lamp that I just love. It runs on 3 AAA's and it was only $19.00!! I love it so much Im gonna go get another one to have just incase!! This will definitely come in handy this year during the Spring Jam.

Pat, does your wide brim hat have a chin cord you could use to hang the hat off you back?

No. See my avatar, that's the hat. And I don't think a headlamp would work well on it.

That said, I could easily wear a ball cap for evening/night fishing excursions. Wouldn't be a big deal.

I doubt I'm going this route anytime soon. My litte firefly clips on the brim and doesn't make it sag, and is plenty bright enough to tie on flies. And a small but powerful handheld flashlight in a pocket, which works on the trip out. It works fine. But it's good to keep an eye on my options. There will come a time when that firefly wears out, and it looks like they're hard to find anymore....

mooney wrote: I just happened to buy one a couple of weeks ago for opening of hunting season. I purchased it at Lowes. Its made by Energizer and has three different brightness settings plus a red lamp that I just love. It runs on 3 AAA's and it was only $19.00!! I love it so much Im gonna go get another one to have just incase!! This will definitely come in handy this year during the Spring Jam.

I have one like that too, I'm a fan.

Back