Pithole

streamerguy1

streamerguy1

Quick question. Can you access it at the mouth?? Seems to be a bunch of houses/camps down there....

Thanks

The PA delorme shows an oleopolis road running from route 227 down to the river very close to the mouth of pithole creek.
I've never been down there though.
I have been on the stream up at the pithole ghost town site. And thought about fishing it there. But I remember it being quite brushy in that section, and never tried it

Thanks dryflyguy. I noticed that road too, but it looks like it dead ends at a bunch of houses right at the mouth. Not sure of the access situation. I guess I could always access it at the next road up and walk down......but looking at Google Earth it's roughly about 3 miles from the mouth(which is fine, just won't have a lot of time to fish elsewhere).

I too have scouted it out much farther upstream. Yeah, it does seem brushy up that way.

The road does dead end, but if i remember there is a spot for a few cars to park that isn't anywhere near the houses or cabins. You should find a few wild browns. and a nice scenic stream to fish in the lower stretches.

It's been a long time since I was there, but you used to be able to access it at the mouth.

The lower section, meaning the river hill, is the best part of the stream. After it tops out it's slow, brushy, and not very good, though they do stock it pretty good.

It does have wild browns. It wasn't spectacular, but they were there. Again, that was a long time ago, and these things could be very different today.

Thanks a bunch guys. Just the type of info I was looking for and then some.

Back