Pine Creek (Galeton) area

T

Tracker

Any know current stream condition up on Pine Creek. Interested in the west section from Galeton east. Thanks

It was a good level and slightly off color when I saw it on Sunday. Should be perfect now.

My Dad fished Kettle above Oleona on Saturday and reported good conditions. I’d think the same on the Pine branches above Galeton.

Does anyone have an idea of what flow numbers are prime fishing. The flows now seem to be high and rising.

Pine doesn’t have a gauge that high up in the watershed. Just the one below the Gorge at Cedar Run. I use the relatively nearby Kettle gauge as a proxy for Pine and WB Pine above Galeton. Something between 250-400 or so on Kettle should translate to dialed in for the upper Pine drainage. Kettle is at 600 and climbing. I’d say the branches above Galeton are just on the upper limit of fishable flow wise, provided they’re not too dirty. Below Galeton is too high IMO.

If I was up there I’d be looking at the small tribs. Lyman Run, or WB Pine really high up.

Pine,Allegheny, and Genesee all start at the same place but gauges are all pretty far down the crick on all three. Coudy , Galeton, and Genesee seem like worthwhile locations for gauges.

It used to be updated a lot during the season, but the only report on the Slate Run Tackle Shop site is for Cedar Run. I'm sure they'll tell you what's going on if you give them a call at 570-753-8551... at least the previous owners would. You can also email info@slaterun.com.

Any update on Pine above the canyon? Our group is heading up Monday-Friday for our 26th annual trout trip 👍

Drove through galeton and upper pine and upper kettle creek thursday for work. Flows were up, but visibility was good. Tribs looked in excellent condition. Not sure how much rain they got since, but you should be good to go

Back