Pine Creek area

T

tctrout

My wife and I are taking a long weekend trip to the Pine area and I haven't fished there for a few years. I've done a little h/w on the major streams in the area, but any insight as to areas I should focus on would be great. I don't expect anyone's honey hole or anything, just a general area I should be centered in.

As an fyi, we are staying south, closer to Blackwell.

Thanks for any info!

TC

mostly bass in pine around there now, the smaller tribs will be ok (slate, cedar) but will have more people on them.

Thanks, Sandfly; I appreciate the reply!

TC

PM sent

Recieved; thanks, Brownie...

TC

Depends on what you want to do. You can find plenty of water to fish without leaving Blackwell. Smallmouth, Rock Bass, other sunfish, and Fallfish in Pine. With a bike you can reach a number of tribs to Pine in the canyon with brookies.

Everythings warm and low right now, IMHO to warm for trout, they'll tell you that though. Warm water fish are hitting on Pine, and it's been good.

Was at Leonard Harrison last week. I didn't get a water temp, but the trout were pretty active.

Was at Leonard Harrison last week. I didn't get a water temp, but the trout were pretty active.

You hiked down from Leonard Harrison park ??

Thanks for all of the information that was given to me before the trip, especially those who sent PM's. The streams were gems, and we enjoyed fishing and hiking them.

The fishing was definitely fun, and my wife and I caught a bunch of beautiful brookies that readily took a Humpy! We chose to fish on small streams versus Pine, though there have been some guys catching smallies on the river (between Colton Point Park and Blackwell).

For those who haven't been to the area, we used Blackwell as a jumping off point because it was quiet and offered easy access to the bike trail. We had our bikes with us, and used the trail a lot. Blackwell was a little off the beaten path, and we will stay in that area again.

Finally, before fishing one day, we drove past a fly shop and turned around so I could check it out. It was "Big Meadows Fly Shop," and the vehicle there said "Sandfly" on it. Something clicked, and sure enough the owner, Bob, is "Sandfly" from this forum. It was a pleasure exchanging stories in the shop with Bob, plus I purchased some great material, too. If in the area, I recommend that you check out Bob's shop, which is just outside of Wellsboro.

Thanks again for the information,

TC

Sandfly is Bob. Bob is Sandfly.

Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle!

Back