Pike/Muskie on the Fly

bilg25

bilg25

Went fishing with Pacofrancisco this past weekend. Caught my first toothy critter. Not big by any means but a fish none the less.

Attachments

• Pike on the fly.JPG
    Pike on the fly.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 11
really need to find a body of water that actually holds these fellas, been trying for a musky on a fly rod for 4 years now. But, on the bright side, I do have three pike and a pickerel under my belt.

Congrats, i too recently landed my first pike on the fly, however it was not in PA. Caught this guy, who was the bigger of the 2 i landed on the fly rod, on a late may trip to the adirondacks. It wasn't until we actually arrived that i realized pike would be the main quarry, as a result i was almost completely unprepared for pike. Most of the time i used straight 25lb maxima from my leader kit, until one broke me clean off. They are mean, tough fish. I felt like i was fishing for alligators or something. After spending the spring fishing for trout it was pretty cool to fish for something that aggressive. I love fish that hit streamers so hard they almost rip the rod out of your hands. There's no doubt what their intentions are when they strike. They want to kill! awesome.

Attachments

• pike.jpg
    pike.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 3
really cool pic. I have never caught one of these guys. I have a few spots on my maps that I would like to try but it seems like I always end up fishing for something else.

Way to go guys!! Gotta love those Esox!! After seein all these pics today, I gotta find a way to get on the water this weekend even tho its gonna be a freak show with the holiday weekend.

Congrats and welcome to a possible serious addiction. LOL

Jay

Yeah i think the addiction is there already for me after my catch. I can't wait till one bigger than that 20 incher hits........i can only imagine what that will feel like on the fly rod

LOL Thats the same way it was for me. One toothy critter and it completely changed my flyfishing world. Funny part was that my first encounter was just a Tiger that snapped off my bass popper while I was after Smallies. I decided to bump up the gear to see if I could get into em and I don't think I'll ever be the same. LOL

Bilg has come along way in 3 trips. Sorry about screaming " set the Hook!!!" at ya.

What part of the state is "The Ville" in?

Back