Photos of late May trip to Beaverkill and East Branch

• Thread starter sight_nymph_17109
  • Start date
sight_nymph_17109

sight_nymph_17109

For those of you that have never made the trip, you don't know what you're missing. It's a long drive but I've been doing it for 20 years and hope to do so for 20 more. Couldn't attach photos. Any suggestions?

Yes. I keep getting the message: The photos are too big or there's trouble with configuration. They are jpeg files. I'm not sure what the issue is. How do you compress or make them smaller?

Dear sight_nymph,

If they are hosted on PhotoBucket you have the option to resize the photos down to web page or bulletin board size. I'm not sure of the right size, I think it's 640 X 480, or 320 x 240 but you get both choices?

Be sure you have the originals saved somewhere else because once you re-size them on PhotoBucket you cannot restore them to their original size.

I kind of want to see them. I used to fish the Beaverkill a lot when I lived up that way. PhotoBucket is free as long as you don't put a zillion pictures on it so you should check it out, just "google" PhotoBucket.com and sign up for an account.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Thanks for the info. Attempted to re-size photos and that didn't work. Photo bucket gave me a java script error so I'll work on looking at the settings. Tim, I sent them to you via comcast photo share

Sight,

If you have a photo editing program on your 'puter use it. I assume you have the pics there? Resize them on your computer and upload them from there. The limit for JPEG files is 1 mb. Give it a shot.

OK, so I reread your post....simply put....open your pic in preview by double-clickingit. Go to the lower Icons and pick the "edit" button on the lower right, next to the ?. Go to Image, then Attributes on the drop down and resize to 640 and Save As so you don't overwrite your original. Then post away.

Maurice

Back