PFBC New Hires and Proposals 7/10/18

Good thought Ryan. I agree that's possible.

If so, time for the legislature to call their bluff. Let em' have the walking fee. I mean come on...This is our chance to get the darn dog walkers off of our public fishing property fellas! The PFBC is listening to us! No skin out of our wallets since our normal fishing license will grant us access.

Now if only we can get rid of the yakkers, spincasters, and masterbaiters, the bountiful booty of PA's streams will be all ours!!! Mmmwhahahahah!

In all seriousness...Can you imagine a guy walking his dog, or jogging, getting fined for doing so on public property. It's a slippery slope...Not the direction we want to head. It's really not all that far from charging daily access fees to use PFBC lots. (I just paid a daily $10 fee to park/fish for the day at a DE Beach State Park lot, on top of my annual non-resident fishing license fee for example.)

Hopefully it is just a bluff. A schedule of regular and transparent increased license fees (to the angler) to account for the last x number of years with no increase, paired with a reduction in spending (Trout stocking program mostly) is the answer. Everyone knows that. Time for some folks to have the twigs and berries to do it, and us to support those in favor of it with our votes. PA largely has it right IMO in terms of access to its publicly held lands. We want to support steps and actions to keep it that way...even if it means we have to share.

Back