Personal bests

jacob

jacob

Broke two personal bests this weekend. Both fish were epic and I won’t forget them! I’ve been trying a bunch of different stuff lately and it’s paying off!

#1 - https://www.instagram.com/p/B0_TRKUBER_/?igshid=1kab4gslrqgxq

Night time mousing trip. My buddy and I were taken back by this 24” bruiser of a brown.

#2 - https://www.instagram.com/p/B1CrEs8Bjoq/?igshid=kxpazc9j3rsg

Kayaking around and carpin’ today! I watched this fish eat in a foot of water and we were off for the races. Taped at 32”. Ridiculous fight.

Awesome! Love it.

Wow! Good for you! Perfect!

Killer!!! (not literally :lol:)

It's great you got really good pics of your awesome PB fish to remember always.

Have not caught any to equal your's, but the night fishing has been good with wets this summer.

Nice! I'd love to try mousing sometime. Night fly fishing in general sounds like a fun time

Congrats!

Wow! That brown is likely to be a personal best for a long time and certainly a fish that you'll remember for a lifetime.

Well done.

You should have titled this post "Personal Beasts!" (sorry for the dad humor).

Very well done, sir!

Thanks guys!

Fly-Swatter: I wish I would have thought of that! Damn!

Can’t wait to get back out this weekend. Thinking I might make another night excursion after work tonight ;)

That’s a lunker, congratulations!

Congrats to you! Now you can strive to get even bigger trout.

I would be interested to see others "bests". Also please include where caught and what fly. Thanks!
Just kidding . Nice fish.

I would be interested to see others "bests". Also please include where caught and what fly. Thanks! Just kidding . Nice fish.

This first fish is my PB on the main stem Delaware. It ate a #18 CDC caddis on 5X.

The second fish is my longest ever PB brown caught in MT on a #18 PMD and 6X.

The third brown is my PB heaviest and strongest dry fly trout I ever caught. It ate a #18 CDC caddis on 5X. It was 24".

Attachments

• Biggest dry fly brown.jpg
    Biggest dry fly brown.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Longest Dry Fly Trout (500x415).jpg
    Longest Dry Fly Trout (500x415).jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 4
I would be interested to see others "bests". Also please include where caught and what fly. Thanks! Just kidding . Nice fish.

This first fish is my PB on the main stem Delaware. It ate a #18 CDC caddis on 5X.

The second fish is my longest ever PB brown caught in MT on a #18 PMD and 6X.

The third brown is my PB heaviest and strongest dry fly trout I ever caught. It ate a #18 CDC caddis on 5X. It was 24".

Attachments

• Biggest dry fly brown.jpg
    Biggest dry fly brown.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Longest Dry Fly Trout (500x415).jpg
    Longest Dry Fly Trout (500x415).jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 24 Inch Monster Brown.jpg
    24 Inch Monster Brown.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 5
Very nice Westbranch! And especially nice on dry flies and light line.
The fish in my picture below my name is not my best but one of the top ones. It took a coffin fly on 4x.

And especially nice on dry flies and light line.

Thanks, I've been fortunate to have been able to go to destinations where large trout on small dries are a strong possibility if approached correctly. Now that I am older (much older) I've lost pretty much all interest in trout fishing if there aren't browns 22" and longer present.

wb-They say you will outgrow the interest in big ones but that isn't true for everyone.

Nice fish wbranch! I'd love to hit a brown that big on the dry eventually

Back