Perkiomen - fly-only section

D

dammerd

My daughter and I went over there yesterday evening. Some decent-looking runs below the bridge, and a few olives & midges in the air. No rising fish - I got (and missed) one hit on a bead-head bugger stripped down and across one of the better-looking runs.

Anyone have any success there? It's got a fishy look to it....

Thanks,
Dave

Lots of poaching, but that's an issue everywhere in SEPA.

It gets warm sometime in May, probably mid to late May depending upon the year. Is privately stocked, or at least it was still privately stocked in the early 2010's by Montgomery Co parks dept. It is not PFBC stocked.

The fish are there, I hadn't fished there in years but did earlier this spring just to see how it's doing. There are occasional wild fish there and an abundance of stocked fished. There are other places along the creek that hold fish and are easy to get to and wade. If you aren't wading, there are places to fish where you don't have to wading to catch fish. Try the American Legion property in East Greenville where Perkiomen TU and it's partners did a dam removal and bank restoration project It's easy access. Otherwise send me a private note and I'll put you onto water.
Above the Dam oat the top of the DH Section there are more wild fish there and they can be there all summer in rainier years.

Even farther upstream than the areas Chaz mentioned, the Perki has been improving for wild BT over the decades. There may even be an opportunity to extend the Class A section’s lower limit a couple miles downstream to the stocked section in the future. The population is looking pretty good according to the biologists.

Back