Penns Creek this time of year. .

StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

Ok, first, if there is a better place to get answers to my questions, Mods, could you please move it there.

This week I have been dying to fish Penns creek and a couple neighboring streams, though I have never fished there. I have been up well past midnight watching youtube videos, and Im hooked.

What I would like to know is what type of bugs, midges, caddis, etc I could expect to see. Also where are some good public places to fish, I'm not looking to get thrown out of somewhere as I just got back from a yelling match in the woods and thought I was a goner..

I'll be headed out next Wednesday in the morning, the forecast looks promising and I really cant wait. .

Any info is appreciated, Pm or post.. .

midges and perhaps some bwo's.....probably better luck with nymphs (zebra midges, stoneflies, pheasant tails, etc.). dont forget the streamer box!!!, plenty of good water around the town of coburn, stop in at the feathered hook fly shop for better advice and a few laughs, poe paddy state park area great as well

We tied a bunch of zebra midges last night, after my buddy gets off work tonight I'll see about stopping in and that shop. Trying to at least develop a gameplan by Tuesday, he was taking his PAFF book to work to read.

I was supposed to join a buddy on Penns today, but decided I did not want to sleep on the couch and went cut a Christmas tree with the family. His report to me was that him and his two other friends caught a few, but nothing to brag about. Theirs all came nymphing and tossing some streamers.

Thanks becker, I'll keep that in mind to take the streamers with me. Cant wait

Back