Paflyfish Spring Jamboree 2021

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
Like many other events this year, We are going to have to postpone the Official Paflyfish Spring Jamboree 2021. I had hoped to schedule the weekend for May 21-23, 2021. As in the past, it would have been held at the Seven Mountains Campground in Spring Mills, Pa.

Covid conditions are not looking good for large gathers and do not see this changing for some time. I of course am very hopeful for a 2022 official return of the Paflyfish Spring Jamboree.

Personally, you are all welcome to take advantage of the 10% Discount that Seven Mountains Campground and Paflyfish had arranged for that weekend. Please contact the campground if you wish to personally stay at one of the cabins or campsites. You can reach Seven Mountains Campground at (814) 364-1910 or 
https://www.sevenmountainscampground.com/
Use the discount code: PAFLYFISH when registering.

Again, this is not a Paflyfish event, you are afforded the discount when you go up there on your own for the weekend of May 21-23, 2021.

Please take care, be safe and follow all government guidelines during these times for the health of everyone.

Yes there are many folks planning going that weekend. Not sure of a count. I plan to be there in our usual cabin.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out why it keeps raining but then I remembered. :roll:

We get an extra week to get it to clear up this year so...

My crew has disband, I’M STILL THINKING? Long drive1 gg

...anybody plan to stay after Sunday? (I have to be in Chicago for May 21-23) and like to come over to Seven Mountains Campground following week.

I have to say last year, while not an official Jam, there were a lot of PAFFers up at the campground as well as others. It was a very weird sort of weekend and nothing I expected. Something I will remember a long time.

It seemed every cabin or campground had its own fire and gathering going. You would walk all over the campground and it was very filled up as getting outdoors was the only thing we're allowed to do. The Covid fear went away for a weekend.

I'm looking forward to this year. It seems like the same level of concerns are dissipating and just anxious to see everyone again. Sounds like this month the CDC and state have relaxed most of the guidelines for outdoor gatherings.

Have fun everyone and I hope you catch a lot of fish but more importantly, have fun with new and old friends. I'll be headed up to the area from May 23rd through the 27th and hope to catch a few.

I am here!! The manager told me others are too.
Hope I get to see ya!

dkile wrote:
I have to say last year, while not an official Jam, there were a lot of PAFFers up at the campground as well as others. It was a very weird sort of weekend and nothing I expected. Something I will remember a long time.

I agree Dave, it was a strange weekend that I'll remember as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Looks like I'll be making lemonade. GG

I’ll be Jamming
https://youtu.be/oFRbZJXjWIA

Wouldn't miss it. Watch out for the gravitational anomalies reported in the 7 Mountains area...

I'll be jammin.

Late arrival Thursday on my own, cabin 93, hopefully in time to get out for an evening hatch somewhere, so will throw stuff in the cabin and go quick but be back after dark. May walk around and find one of y'all with a campfire Thursday night.

A friend and jam regular will join me on Friday.

Feed me alcohol, lol. Life's been tough lately (job change, kid health issues, breakup). Ready for the turning point. Gonna say goodbye to the covid era and welcome what's next with style that only the jam can provide.

pcray1231 wrote:
I'll be jammin.

Late arrival Thursday on my own, cabin 93, hopefully in time to get out for an evening hatch somewhere, so will throw stuff in the cabin and go quick but be back after dark. May walk around and find one of y'all with a campfire Thursday night.

A friend and jam regular will join me on Friday.

Feed me alcohol, lol. Life's been tough lately (job change, kid health issues, breakup). Ready for the turning point. Gonna say goodbye to the covid era and welcome what's next with style that only the jam can provide.

I am fully vaccinated and will see you tomorrow!

I should be up there in a tent site by 3P or so tomorrow if I can get on the road.

Im here now! Cabin 54. They have moved some of the cabins, so its a little confusing at first! Not sure where the party will be tonight, just listen for the laughter!

Everyone have a great time! Hug your beer and your fly rod. GG

Rolling up later today #74

Back