PaFlyFish Photography Awards 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power of photography is a wonderful way we capture and share our perspective for fly-fishing. Those images are moments in our life we see forever. This year has been an especially fun and exciting year for sharing those memories.

We’re proud to recognize the winners of the first Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Photography contest. We announced the contest in July. Many wonderful pictures were entered over the summer and into the fall.

test1.jpg

Our first place award goes to Tom Frank for his photograph "Early Morning Rise in Paradise.” Tom lives in Bellefonte and spends a lot of time in his neighboring stream of Spring Creek. The photograph was taken as he found himself on one foggy summer morning in the Paradise Meadow. Tom explained that as the fog began to clear and sun started to peak the trout were rising every so often. The one soft riseform captures the essence while keeping the balance of the reflections in the water. Tom’s picture can be found here.

ryguyfi
Very well deserved. There were many good photo's in the contest. Glad we had this. It really opens up the photography skills of some of the individuals on this site. Can't wait for the calendar!

Last edited:
ryguyfi
Very well deserved. There were many good photo's in the contest. Glad we had this. It really opens up the photography skills of some of the individuals on this site. Can't wait for the calendar!

Last edited:
JF_
Those three deserve to be winners....great photos from a lot of perspectives...congrats guys...

Last edited:
JF_
Those three deserve to be winners....great photos from a lot of perspectives...congrats guys...

Last edited:
JF_

Last edited:
PaulG
A lot of beautiful pics in the contest, hard to get it down to a few. Can't wait for the calendar!

PaulG

Last edited:
PaulG
A lot of beautiful pics in the contest, hard to get it down to a few. Can't wait for the calendar!

PaulG

Last edited:
PaulG

PaulG

Last edited:
JakesLeakyWaders
Nice photos, I like pictures of the Letort, with the willows and vegetation, having a person in the frame fishing makes it even better. It's good to have a partner along for those shots. All really nice pics. :lol:

Last edited:
JakesLeakyWaders
Nice photos, I like pictures of the Letort, with the willows and vegetation, having a person in the frame fishing makes it even better. It's good to have a partner along for those shots. All really nice pics. :lol:

Last edited:
JakesLeakyWaders

Last edited:
wetnet
Life never stops....But to when a picture catches that perfect moment that makes us all pause....It is a wonderful thing.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for sharing what you found in you view finder that makes us all wish we were there.

Last edited:
wetnet
Life never stops....But to when a picture catches that perfect moment that makes us all pause....It is a wonderful thing.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for sharing what you found in you view finder that makes us all wish we were there.

Last edited:
wetnet

Last edited:
fadeaway263
Sent the link to the wife and kids for Christmas gift ideas for me.

Last edited:
jdaddy
Note, when viewing the hat you can change from that dork to a hot chick. Makes the hat look a lot better. Also, you can change to different types of hats, not just the ragged, pre-worn "I am a cool trout bum" look.

Last edited:
DaveKile
Try this too:

http://www.zazzle.com/paflyfish

Last edited:
PatrickC
Great stuff. Love the brookie. Got a hat and a thermal mug. Hope it helps!

Last edited:
DaveKile
Thanks. Got my hat for the weekend. Was not sure at first, but really digging it with new logo. The roughed up hat makes me feel like I fishing more often when i put it on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back