PA Steelhead Fly Swap???

Just checking...did my flies arrive?

Hey guys, This it Krott243's friend Tom. Got my flies done and they will be on there way. I tied some of my Black and Chartreuse" Tk's Woven Tungstones".

Hook- Daiichi 1120 #12
Bead- 1/8 gold plummeting tungsten
Thread- black uni-thread 6/0
Tail-black and yellow pheasant tail
Body- woven black and chartreuse Uni-stretch
Rib- copper wire
Thorax -Home made Custom Dubbing blended of black rabbit fur and chartreuse para-post.
Case- black scud back
Legs- Black goose biots

They have a lead under body to shape the woven section so they sink extremely well.

Hope you guys like em! Good fishing!

All sounds great; thanks for the updates. I have received flies from Boss_Steb & Letaras; thanks for being so prompt. I believe we said that guys have until Oct. 31, but once they've all arrived, I'll immediately get them back to all.

Thanks guys,

TC

i've three wings to finish - they'll be in the mail this week.

Eunan

Ok, I finally finished my flies. I did slump busters in two different colors. I have one purple and one green tiger stripe.

Hook: Size 8, 6XL streamer hook
Body: Laser Krinkle Mirror Flash
Rib:Medium Silver Ultra Wire
Hair: Purple and Green Rabbit strips
Collar: Antron Bright Steelhead Dubbing

Also have a cone head and a small loop of mono-filament at the tail to help prevent the rabbit strip from catching the hook.

I should have these in the mail this week.

I love me some Slumpbusters...use them a lot all over.

Boss

This is turning out to be a great swap; still only have two packages (those previously mentioned), but can't wait to get all turned around so we can catch some steelies!

TC

Looking at your tutorial...I am a bit ashamed...I also know the work that goes into Let's flies and slumpbusters...

Pretty excited...

I also can't wait to get the flies. I like seeing what everybody comes up with.

Ok, I ws just able to get mine in the mail today. Nothing like cutting it close to the deadline!

I'll chalk myself up as the procrastinator in the swap, flies have been done for over a week but are going in the mail first thing in the morning, should be there within a day.

Mailed today.

Pattern as follows

Hook: Allen Salmon Iron Size 4
Tag/rib: Wide gold oval tinsel (tag is one turn behind the body then continue to wind the ribs
Body: Rear third red wool, front two thirds black wool
Throat: Henny Black Rooster saddle hackle or schlappen wound full as a collar
Wing: Silver fox dyed black
Head: Black.

Eunan

captured_by_snapseed_1_2.jpg

Those are mighty sweet.

All flies received today and I will have them on the way back to everyone Tuesday. The flies look EXCELLENT; I'm positive that all will be happy.

Thanks to all of you for participating, and here's a sneak peek of the flies.

TC

IMG_1144_zps7e551770.jpg

Thanks for hosting... I know it can be crazy sometimes. By the way, I really appreciate your tying videos. Awesome work.

Boss

I received a package of "pure awesomeness" in the mail today. The only way it could have been more awesome is if it came wrapped in bacon with a side of beer. Great ties everyone. I'll have to fish them this weekend in Erie.

What Leteras said...TC...I should have said something...the extra flies were for you...for your extra effort.

Boss

No worries, Boss; when in doubt, I try to do the right thing (though they were great looking flies and I thought twice about returning them!).

This swap was a really fun one, and I'm glad that we had enough people to participate. The flies came on time, everyone had return envelopes, and most importantly, the flies were well-tied and not found in everyone's box prior to this swap.

Thanks to everyone for participating; if anyone has an idea for another one later this month, keep me in mind.

TC

Got mine yesterday. Great flies! Thanks everyone. TC great job running this swap. Thanks for all your work!

Even though i dont fish too much (1 trip in 2013), i love swapping great flies.

Thanks guys. An excellent bunch for the boxes.

Eunan

Back