PA fly angler quiz- how many will you know?

outsider wrote:
dryflyguy wrote:
troutbert wrote:
The Oxbow

Kettle creek makes a big meandering bend above Leidy bridge, that I've heard a few people refer to as an oxbow.
Be my first guess

The Bunk and Oxbow Bend on Kettle Creek:

https://www.topozone.com/pennsylvania/clinton-pa/area/beech-bottom-natural-area/

The Bunk is registered somewhere by the state of PA as a scenic site. Oxbow Bend goes around The Bunk. Look at a USGS map.

A gravel road takes you down to a really nice looking hole on the downstream side of the loop.
Phil Baldachino used to call it the Adams Hole, though most people refer to it as Calhouns - which I believe is the name of the people who own the land there.
And it is very scenic - a big wide riffle flattens out over some sizable rocks into a long wadable pool. With hemlocks leaning out over some steep ledges on the far side.
Just screams classic dry fly hole.
However, I never really did well fishing there for some reason.

Other fishermen I've met there told me that spot just doesn't get stocked very heavy, like the rest of the stream

Dryflyguy,

The long pool you are talking about can be reached on Calhoun Farm Road (AKA Calhoun Road). For decades it could also be reached by turning left after crossing Leidy bridge onto Procter Road. There is a gate now on Procter Road downstream of the pool. I fished that pool for decades and the PAFBC used to put a lot of trout in it. Don't know why they don't stock many fish there today. It was always one of my favorites.

Dorcie Calhoun discovered natural gas near Leidy Bridge in the 50's. There is a state sign at Leidy bridge regarding the discovery of natural gas by Dorcie. I bought my land there from Dorcie's daughter Daisy.

Between Leidy Bridge and that pool is The Hermit's Hole.

An edit: Hermits hole also known as Hermans Hole.

outsider wrote:
An edit: Hermits hole also known as Hermans Hole.

Or Herman’s Hermits hole?

Back