Outer banks vacation results

S

Striperbobby

Went fishing 5 times during the outgoing tide while on vacation. Fished the channels around the oregan inlet fishing center. Used a kayak to get from spot to spot but caught all fish while wading on size #2 and #4 chartreuse over white clousers on 6wt and int. Line. Ended up with 26 redfish from 18 to 34 inches most were 22 to 26. Five flounder 14 to 17 inches, three trout 11 to 14 inches, 1 small blue, 1 lizard fish, and somewhere between 1-2 dozen croakers. Best trip for me down here for reds in 20 years both for size and numbers. Great time!

Went fishing 5 times during the outgoing tide while on vacation. Fished the channels around the oregan inlet fishing center. Used a kayak to get from spot to spot but caught all fish while wading on size #2 and #4 chartreuse over white clousers on 6wt and int. Line. Ended up with 26 redfish from 18 to 34 inches most were 22 to 26. Five flounder 14 to 17 inches, three trout 11 to 14 inches, 1 small blue, 1 lizard fish, and somewhere between 1-2 dozen croakers. Best trip for me down here for reds in 20 years both for size and numbers. Great time!
^ Nice!! Good job.

any catch and cook?

Did you hit the 'new' (it's not really new anymore) fly shop in Manteo? Cool PA guys running that place. It's amazing how fly fishing has boomed there - 10 years ago you couldn't find one guy fly fishing the Propeller Slough at OI - now there are tons. Sounds like a great week!

Did you hit the 'new' (it's not really new anymore) fly shop in Manteo? Cool PA guys running that place. It's amazing how fly fishing has boomed there - 10 years ago you couldn't find one guy fly fishing the Propeller Slough at OI - now there are tons. Sounds like a great week!
I did not get a chance to go, we were staying in Duck and I planned on checking it out but could not get there. I did talk to several kayak fishing guides that talked very highly about it and the owners. The cool thing about the guides down there is that they volunteer info about where they catch fish and where the fish are on certain times of the tide. Total opposite with most salt water fisherman in the northeast that guard their spots and blackout the background in their pictures like someone is gonna catch all their fish.

Back