Out of work early

Its amazing the difference in "winter" around this state. Where you are it seems water still flows during "winter" and you can survive without hats and gloves. I believe it is like -14 wind chill right now, I'm very jealous.

somersetian wrote:
Its amazing the difference in "winter" around this state. Where you are it seems water still flows during "winter" and you can survive without hats and gloves. I believe it is like -14 wind chill right now, I'm very jealous.

The air is still cold in this area, trust me. The reason the water is flowing is because of the limestone springs in the area, not a vast difference in ambient air temp.

somersetian wrote:
That's the beauty of limestone streams, they more or less maintain a range of temps that keep the water from freezing up. Its been 15-20 degrees & colder here as well as the temps you describe in your area. You still have to bang them on the nose for takes, and then they are very light takes to boot. Don't know about anyone else out there but I've got my gloves and hat on! In that pic I took them off so I wouldn't look like a cone head and to set up the camera...

Jack, I am starting not to like you ! JK nice ones

Thanks Norm :lol:

Back