Other fly fishing message boards?

I didn’t examine it fully as I didn’t have time to review it fully but just based on a cursory glance back at some of your posts - you’re posting pictures of flies in the fly tying forum. I don’t see you asking a whole bunch of questions and not getting answers to unless I’m missing something
How about any kind of feedback about the flies being tied, any type of discussion at all, this board is pretty dead when it comes to its members interacting

How about any kind of feedback about the flies being tied, any type of discussion at all, this board is pretty dead when it comes to its members interacting
It might help to ad commentary to what feedback you are looking for.
Name of fly, materials used, struggles tying it, things you learned by doing so, etc...

Just posting a picture will lead people to look at it and see a thousand words, with out prompting discussion, you may not get any.

Food for thought

I actively "liked" a number of your flies. I think they looked great. I also enjoy fishing for all sorts of fish. Happy to engage further, if a topic takes shape that has some substance.

If anything, this board is currently filled with too many rude people being condescending and arguing constantly. Maybe the onset of fall and some good fishing in the colder weather will snap some of them out of their missions to be the most annoying internet old men on the planet.

EDIT: To be clear, still the most informative and enjoyable forum I've found. Just sick of the know-it-all curmudgeons.

I actively "liked" a number of your flies. I think they looked great. I also enjoy fishing for all sorts of fish. Happy to engage further, if a topic takes shape that has some substance.

If anything, this board is currently filled with too many rude people being condescending and arguing constantly. Maybe the onset of fall and some good fishing in the colder weather will snap some of them out of their missions to be the most annoying internet old men on the planet.

EDIT: To be clear, still the most informative and enjoyable forum I've found. Just sick of the know-it-all curmudgeons.
So you don't have social media?

[This} board is currently filled with too many rude people being condescending and arguing constantly. Maybe the onset of fall and some good fishing in the colder weather will snap some of them out of their missions to be the most annoying internet old men on the planet.

EDIT: To be clear, just sick of the know-it-all curmudgeons.

Redaction may be a possibility in the above quote.

And I reply:
"I disagree. I think it's populated by a lot of ungrateful posters."

And I reply:
I love PA Fly fish, such a great resource.

And I reply:
Sorry... ? I'm unclear if I'm in the ungrateful camp. If I am, I'll try harder to be appreciative.

If you don’t like spaghetti and meatballs…

As far as members not interacting, try coming to a jam! Many of us know each other personally.

And there was a warmwater jam just weeks ago.

U are the one exception

It might help to ad commentary to what feedback you are looking for.
Name of fly, materials used, struggles tying it, things you learned by doing so, etc...

Just posting a picture will lead people to look at it and see a thousand words, with out prompting discussion, you may not get any.

Food for thought
I'm not looking for anything specific, I said a bunch of times any feedback at all such as like, dislike, **** off, anything other than complete silence

Ok, well, good luck then.

Never saw any info advertised
Look under the events and meetups section.

The warmwater jam was under the thread "Warm Water/Juniata jam Aug 26-28". There is currently a steelhead jam in the works for late November.

The "main" jam is always in May, weekend before Memorial Day. That one is well attended by much of the board and is quite an event. A thread will come up announcing it, usually in December or January.

This is mainly a forum. The photos section is largely underused. If you want feedback on a photo, post a thread in the appropriate subforum.

Anyone know of any good ones, I like pa fly fish but it very trout oriented and I get little to no interaction on my posts. I like fishing for all species in my area and big meaty flies, majority of guys on here I feel like mainly just nymph for trout with a float(bobber).
Wow, I guess you haven't read many of my posts. I'm typically known as a dry fly guy but enjoy steelhead and smallmouth with flies, lures, and yep, live shiners.

Attachments

• DSC02340.JPG
    DSC02340.JPG
    550.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC02321.JPG
    DSC02321.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 18
  • October Bronzeback.JPG
    October Bronzeback.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 18
Back