Other fly fishing message boards?

F

Flyty_ryguy

Anyone know of any good ones, I like pa fly fish but it very trout oriented and I get little to no interaction on my posts. I like fishing for all species in my area and big meaty flies, majority of guys on here I feel like mainly just nymph for trout with a float(bobber).

Where is your area? What species do you fish for most? There's striper forum, think there's salmon and a bass forum somewhere.

I agree that there's nothing sadder than seeing some dolt watching an indicator float by. Wait a minute, that's me! If there's not a hatch with rising fish.... I'm nymphing. I'm there for catching and they are feeding below the surface so I'm going after them. Quite effectively.
Streamer fish as well but don't find it as effective or consistent for numbers put in the net

Those other boards are full of spincasters, yakkers, and dirty pinners.

Come to think of it, so is this one!😜

I wonder what sort of interactions are expected?

Hmm....it seems like I should feel guilty, but I don't. :unsure:

Perhaps your posts aren't relevant to what the folks on here want to talk about. Maybe you should put up a thread about what your favorite float(bobber) is.

In all seriousness if you were looking for assistance on finding a new chat board you went about in a very poor way.

Ryan,
Don't think he went about it in the wrong way. If this was called the gemmie forum and all of the threads were how to put five weight line on a two weight rod so that you could "punch" elk hair caddis underneath hanging branches, I'd smash my phone to pieces and then scratch my eyes out....in that order. If I scratch my eyes out first I couldn't see the smash my phone 😁.

There's not a whole lot of wet fly swinging discussions or Pike fishing discussions. It all pretty much revolves around penns, spring, brookie streams and occasionally smallmouth. I pretty much only fish really big water so I'm kinda out of place too.

Perhaps your posts aren't relevant to what the folks on here want to talk about. Maybe you should put up a thread about what your favorite float(bobber) is.

In all seriousness if you were looking for assistance on finding a new chat board you went about in a very poor way.
Not really, the first reply was very helpful. Why are u telling me my posts aren't relevant, that's why I was asking about another message board. I can only assume ur being sarcastic when you tell me to make a thread regarding floats when that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid

Where is your area? What species do you fish for most? There's striper forum, think there's salmon and a bass forum somewhere.

I agree that there's nothing sadder than seeing some dolt watching an indicator float by. Wait a minute, that's me! If there's not a hatch with rising fish.... I'm nymphing. I'm there for catching and they are feeding below the surface so I'm going after them. Quite effectively.
Streamer fish as well but don't find it as effective or consistent for numbers put in the net
I live in somerset, I fish trout, pike, musky in the cold months, and bass in the warm season. Just looking for a board that isn't traditional trout centered fly fishing. I agree nymohing is way more effective than streamer fishing, I just don't enjoy it as much, I like working a fly erratically through the water, not hating on any other styles just my preference us all

Not really, the first reply was very helpful. Why are u telling me my posts aren't relevant, that's why I was asking about another message board. I can only assume ur being sarcastic when you tell me to make a thread regarding floats when that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid
Yes, that was very sarcastic.

Had you posted something like this you would have gotten more helpful responses instead of all the other stuff.

"I like fishing for all species in my area with big meaty flies, does anyone know of any chat boards that have less focus on trout".

For the record, I wasn't offended by the ask.

Two forums I have bookmarked you may want to check out are:

fiberglassflyrodders forum - still pretty trout-centric but a lot of folks over there are building and throwing bigger stuff for other-than-trout species.

Washington fly fishing forum - PNW so a lot of salmon talk with some good UP/Michigan muskie discussion

Other forums-

I have joined far flung boards like Washington Fly Fishing to observe and see if I can learn anything about the goings on in areas unfamiliar to me. But short of that no.

I am not active on any other boards- this is it.

It’s funny to see guys on here, post on those boards whose posts are much different. Back in the time when I scoured the internet. Here they lurk in the background with no picture postings and on others boards they go full bore. Funny.

Dry flies on small freestone mountain rivers or large mountain streams is the cats meow. Tickles my inch and so on. Nymphs meh.

Who wants to tie on a rainbow warrior and comb a stream all day?? Who?

I find this board is very knowledgeable and pretty well traveled. The discussion is not what it used to be- I think afishinado is the only one allowed to post on fishing tips section. Hee hee.

Faceboo is terrible- essentially it’s grip
and grins with newer to the sport. You know nymphing up nice sized stockies with rainbow warriors and they don’t even know why they are using them- yes they are effective.

PA is steeped with fly fishing with trout. Unless your in a non trout area I’d expect most boards to be trout centric. Your not gonna gear much about bass in Utah , Idaho or Montana either.

I think the board has a pretty good mix of stuff. Snakeheads, blues, stripers,trouts. There are certainly very experienced tiers although I think many of them tie more than they fish but overall I think it’s great. Ask a question about New Mexico or the history of the Catskills - someone chimes in.

You can get pictures out the wazoo on Faceboo or Insta but on here if there are pictures , usually a good story to go with them which adds so much more than just a picture. I enjoy looking at them.

Bass- seems like pretty good discussions to me. Tactics, gear etc. There is a warm water forum. Continue to ask questions- YOU can create content by posting. I don’t see a problem there.

Years ago I asked a 1000 questions, most I already knew answers to but wanted to see how others handled whatever the subject was.

Ask away and Good luck to all fly anglers.

Other forums-

I have joined far flung boards like Washington Fly Fishing to observe and see if I can learn anything about the goings on in areas unfamiliar to me. But short of that no.

I am not active on any other boards- this is it.

It’s funny to see guys on here, post on those boards whose posts are much different. Back in the time when I scoured the internet. Here they lurk in the background with no picture postings and on others boards they go full bore. Funny.

Dry flies on small freestone mountain rivers or large mountain streams is the cats meow. Tickles my inch and so on. Nymphs meh.

Who wants to tie on a rainbow warrior and comb a stream all day?? Who?

I find this board is very knowledgeable and pretty well traveled. The discussion is not what it used to be- I think afishinado is the only one allowed to post on fishing tips section. Hee hee.

Faceboo is terrible- essentially it’s grip
and grins with newer to the sport. You know nymphing up nice sized stockies with rainbow warriors and they don’t even know why they are using them- yes they are effective.

PA is steeped with fly fishing with trout. Unless your in a non trout area I’d expect most boards to be trout centric. Your not gonna gear much about bass in Utah , Idaho or Montana either.

I think the board has a pretty good mix of stuff. Snakeheads, blues, stripers,trouts. There are certainly very experienced tiers although I think many of them tie more than they fish but overall I think it’s great. Ask a question about New Mexico or the history of the Catskills - someone chimes in.

You can get pictures out the wazoo on Faceboo or Insta but on here if there are pictures , usually a good story to go with them which adds so much more than just a picture. I enjoy looking at them.

Bass- seems like pretty good discussions to me. Tactics, gear etc. There is a warm water forum. Continue to ask questions- YOU can create content by posting. I don’t see a problem there.

Years ago I asked a 1000 questions, most I already knew answers to but wanted to see how others handled whatever the subject was.

Ask away and Good luck to all fly anglers.
That's the whole problem the content I post literally no one will even give a response to it

Anyone know of any good ones, I like pa fly fish but it very trout oriented and I get little to no interaction on my posts. I like fishing for all species in my area and big meaty flies, majority of guys on here I feel like mainly just nymph for trout with a float(bobber).
Stripers online is a good one .
Most of the people on here are some basic bit**es and the worst part is that they don't even know it. hahah

That's the whole problem the content I post literally no one will even give a response to it
I didn’t examine it fully as I didn’t have time to review it fully but just based on a cursory glance back at some of your posts - you’re posting pictures of flies in the fly tying forum. I don’t see you asking a whole bunch of questions and not getting answers to unless I’m missing something.

Back